cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek MT7921 WiFi 6 Adapter (V3.00.01.1244) Crashed & Slowed My Laptop

M2the2ndpower
Star III
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ASUS TUF Gaming F17 (FX706LI.310)
Reset OS: Yes
Frequency of occurrence: Ongoing, Consistant
Screenshot or video: Yes. Your system won't let me post them...
System: Windows 11 Home 64-Bit 10.0.22000B========================
Detailed description:
I wasn't expecting it to come to this...
I was having issues before with the MediaTek driver and after a long wait, I finally got the download for V3.00.01.1244.
Minutes later, it crashed my laptop and permanently slowed it to a crawl. WiFi option remains missing and now since my device happened to be out of warrenty when this all started, sending it out for service is not an option.
Sure, let's pay hundreds of dollars to send my laptop across the country in the hopes that it'll be fixed, spend more money on an external harddrive to back up everything, spend even more money once the issue is discovered, and wait however long it'd take to get my laptop back.
It really feels like since support fucked up and sent me a bad driver, now I have to pay for repairs.
Is there anything at all that I can do or is this the bottom line?

10 REPLIES 10

M2the2ndpower
Star III
I've called them. They won't even answer my question since my device is no longer in warranty.

Falcon_ASUS
M2the2ndpower

I've called them. They won't even answer my question since my device is no longer in warranty.

View post
@M2the2ndpower
If you want to repair the laptop, the service agent should be able to assist you in applying for repairs. I wonder if they didn't do that?

M2the2ndpower
Star III
They didn't do that. Not unless I paid some money so they'd even talk to me about my machine.
Getting help over the phone won't work and the live service agent will just tell me to get it serviced.

Falcon_ASUS
M2the2ndpower

They didn't do that. Not unless I paid some money so they'd even talk to me about my machine.

Getting help over the phone won't work and the live service agent will just tell me to get it serviced.

View post
@M2the2ndpower
If your laptop is out of warranty, the service center will indeed charge you an inspection fee.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

solidsnakehb
Star I
mediatek piece of shiet