cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Patch Level

Blumi
Rising Star II
Hi there,
When will we receive the new Android Security Patch Level? I'm still with November 2021
41 REPLIES 41

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
QUESTION to asus mods and all team. : when will asus improve in delivering security patches? when my zf 8 reaches EOL ????????????????

gosu38
Star III
Asus Zenfon 8 is now EOL, security pathes are your answer.

cicagorio
Rising Star II
So I just got an update now and the security patch is now December.
Can't really understand why LineageOS can keep it's OS up to date but Asus can't, at least on its flagship project.

gosu38
Star III
Your are using Android 11? On Android 12 still November Path.
Because LineageOS is a paid and commercial institution that makes money on its products. Unlike Asus, which is a no profit and charitable company 😉

landsome
Rising Star II
cicagorio

So I just got an update now and the security patch is now December.

Can't really understand why LineageOS can keep it's OS up to date but Asus can't, at least on its flagship project.

View post
Did you get it via OTA? Because I had to install it manually.
As to LineageOS - it can afford it because the responsibility for serious bugs and failures in updates (and I have seen quite a few in my many years of using LOS on quite a few devices) is on the users. I would not want Asus to treat my Z8 the way LOS developers (God bless them!) treat my Sony XZ1c and XZ2c, my Cubot mini, my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 etc.
This being said, the update (v92) is underwhelming. My A12 works well, but the minor issues I had (such as the green color of Google apps and widgets, or the low headphone volume etc.) have not been solved.