System: Windows 11 10.22000.466
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: GV301QC
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
When you convert the device into tablet mode there are 2 performance management options available depending on the orientation of the device:
Standard performance mode (all profiles available except Turbo)
Tablet/Vertical performance mode (only Silent profile available)
As I understand the idea of engineers, when you grab the dive with both hands on the left and right side, if the camera stays on the top of the screen, then the cooling exhaust goes to the bottom and to your right hand (because it grabs the device in that place). So it must go to the Silent mode only not to heat your right hand.
In all the other positions there is no issue with closing the exhaust by your hand so that all the other modes except Turbo can be used.
But now it works in the exact opposite way. When I grab the device in tablet mode upside down (camera on the bottom, exhaust on the top) it goes to Tablet/Vertical performance mode and switches to the Silent performance profile. And when I grab the device in a regular way (camera on the top, exhaust on the bottom) when my right hand closes the right cooling system exhaust it allows to work in all the performance modes including Performance.
7 REPLIES 7

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hello,
If unit is in Tablet mode, it only goes to Tablet/Vertical performance mode.
Silent mode only can be switched when unit is in Laptop mode.
Therefore I would like to confirm with you that are you all in the Tablet mode?
Thank you

XperiAndri
Star II
Isn't Tablet/Vertical equal to Silent in terms of what it does?

XperiAndri
Star II
So again, when I converted the device to tablet mode and rotated it to normal landscape orientation (camera on top, exhaust on bottom) it allowed me to switch between performance modes.
But when I rotated it upside doesn't (landscape flipped) then it went to a Tablet/Vertical mode.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
XperiAndri

Isn't Tablet/Vertical equal to Silent in terms of what it does?

View post
Hi there,
Tablet/Vertical is not equal to Silent mode.
Tablet/Vertical Mode: When Tablet/ Vertical mode detected, the performance will be optimized for Tablet/ Vertical mode only.
Silent Mode: The system silence is first. The fan will keep on low speed for noise reduction, but the performance will be limited.
Thank you.