ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

Comments

• I gave up on the utterly inept Asus and Tecobuy and raised claim with Paypal. They refunded me on condition that I returned the handset to tecobuy which I have done. Would highly recommend people try going through the merchant/card company rather than Asus who clearly have no interest in helping.

• mrsannoyedmrsannoyed Level 1
    edited October 2021

@jakislogin2 &@cicagorio you actually affected by the issue or just here to gloat? Dont want to read whinning, lots of other threads to read. If you were affected cant imagine you being so blase about losing 500 quid. Jog on trolls

• Not sure why do you think I am here to gloat. I just stated my opinion and gave some numbers that were supposed to show you guys that you need to understand the other side of the story. Failure rate is not that big and you guys are making it like 3/4 phones fail.

How did you lose 500 quid? Is your device under warranty? If yes, then Asus will repair it - free of charge afaik. People who have voided the warranty can have some problems with getting their device repaired under warranty, but this is to be expected. It is the same in all industries and for all manufacturers.

• @mrsannoyed no, I'm not affected yet. But if I were, I'd rather seek for some valuable information rather than empathy, sympathy or 26 pages of threats to sue Asus.

IMO mods should split this thread into a "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - technical observations" thread and "stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump - victim thread". That way, people who want to complain can continue to do so uninterrupted by people who want to share some insights that may actually help solving the problem.

• I would like to come back to this quote to tell that I indeed received the original box and phone, I notice some slight damage to the aluminium back, but since it's in a case and it's so minor, I personally don't care. The fingerprint scanner seems to be more moody then before, so I switched to facial recognition and swipe pattern. The facial recognition works great with facemask. I don't wear glasses, so I didn't test that. Wearing sunglasses obviously doesn't work.

I seen two interesting posts since my last message on this thread, one of which is someone going to attempt to fix it with the EDL, I'll make sure to check their post on the XDA forum. The other is regarding the MFD of my asus zenfone 8. Which I'll check once I'm at home and check the original box.

I don't fear that this issue will happen again. I really think it was a small batch that had this issue, in combination with some new firmware. In case it does, it depends on the warranty and the result on the XDA forums of trying to flash firmware using the EDL cable.

If you think about going on a holiday with your zenfone 8, make sure to have a backup phone and sim card pin ready in case your zenfone does decide to ramdump itself.

• You are right - but the technical thread would be empty. No one from Asus will come forward with this case. Let me just remind you - this thread was merged by ASUS mods. Users will not investigate the problem on their own either. If you want a technical thread, you can create it. Maybe this time mods will allow your "tech" thread to be present. I'd love to read about your investigation into this, too.

I don't understand why you complain about people when ramdump doesn't concern you - it's a bit like hypocrisy. Sorry, you didn't write anything creative in this thread yourself.

I wish you all the best and more empathy for people.

PS one thing I have to admit - some forum users write the same thing over and over again, unnecessarily.

• @daniel91m

As a Zenfone 8 user I am concerned. I wrote I'm not affected yet. Hence, I visit this thread daily and try to dig through the spam, follow the situation and see how it develops. That's why I appreciate the attempt of posting MFD of bricked phones for example, and that's why I reacted so emotionally to @xonics insights.

And I give likes to all posts I find valuable!

• @jakislogin2 if what you are after is answers from Asus then might as well email/message the company/mods directly. If you are here to find answer from fellow consumers then you are looking at the wrong thread, not everyone here are tech savvy so as a technical person you might want to check XDA or other more techy forums instead.

Most of the people here are normal consumers, sure devices will break down at some point but would any expect a phone to brick which just a few months of use? With regards to repairs, you are generalizing things here...some people are shunned away by their local service centers even though they are entitled to a warranty. It just shows that Asus will try to get away with things if they can, if you just accept what they say good for them.

People here are just sharing their experiences not just with the phone itself but with the company also, so if you think we are whinny you can go to other forums instead of putting people down just because they are unhappy with how they are being treated as customers by Asus.

Anyway I'm not here to argue with anyone so I'm glad that you didn't experience this issue yet and I pray it will stay that way.

• Yes you are right! The solution should come from Asus and not from us, so if a few come here expecting solution or a statement from fellow consumers then what's the use of Asus here? Means they make a faulty product and don't take responsibility and let consumers figure it out themselves? We keep pushing and urging Asus here is because we want to hold them responsible, if issue is caused by firmware update from Google then at least release a statement that issue wasn't caused by their own products/software.

We all can dig through all the recent posts here, did we see any recent response from @Gustav_ASUS or anyone else from Asus or did we notice that they are just ignoring customers? Did anyone of them said "we are aware of the problem and the tech team is looking into it" unfortunately none of that...So is that how customer service is supposed to be like? When customers ask just ignore them?

• I want my money back !!!! the smartphone has several anomalies !!!! They want their smartphone back for the second time in assistance to reopen it and do their experiments !!!! As a buyer I repeat myself !!!! I want my money back !!!

• My Zenfone has been repaired (resend within a day after arrival at the repair center). Repair details:

Problem/Symptom: Gap abnormally/Mechanism interference

Action: Add or replace new parts can solve the problem

Replace Parts: LCD COVER

And my (soft) screenprotector is gone.

So I guess the motherboard didn't cause the Ramdump error?

• Yesterday seemed to fall same pit....

From Japan

• @cyupacabura47 I've sent you a PM, please check your inbox here on Zentalk.

• Posso chiederti come hai fatto? O posso contattarti in privato in qualche modo?

• Can you add me to the List, my Phone died in full last Friday after I've plugged it in for charging.

MFD 2021.04

• daniel91mdaniel91m Level 2
    edited October 2021

Asus are you not stopping? We already have 40 dead bodies

• Why should they?

40 Bodies out of how many ?

Whats the percentage of dead Phones?

Don´t understand me wrong I am also pissed but without knowing the Numbers it is quite impossible to say that the hole Series is scrap.