ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

Comments

• I'm from Ukraine

• By the way, is there anyone who got ramdump screen and was not able to escape from it on UNLOCKED bootloader?

• Updates from me (Ramdump #22)

• Received back my Z8 today (Exacrly 1 week in the service centre)
    • Only Motherboard changed
    • All data erased
    • Somehow, my fingerprint scanning works perfectly now (was 3/10 and slow before ramdump)
    • So far no abnormalities found

Will continue to monitor.

• Looks that Asus staff is on holiday 😂

• i guess newer models still have this issue MFD 2021.07

• daniel91mdaniel91m Level 2
    edited October 2021

Do you also have ramdump? Welcome to the world of Asus! You are case number 35

You are a confirmation that this defect doesn't only apply to the first series and that it is not related to any software version.

we are waiting for someone to report that they have a ramdump after replacing the original motherboard! Then we should report the matter to your local consumer ombudsman.

• I accepted the beta program for Android 12 from the smartphone updates section !!!! I want to see what happens. !!! By now I travel with a spare smartphone in my bag ,,, 😀😀 Asus but where are you going ???

• cherrylips1111cherrylips1111 Level 1
    edited October 2021

Hello

Today I have to received my phone back ,they changed mother board,but I didn't take it back, because when I started to download all the programs it become hotter than it was at first time (08.06.21) and the battery level was 35% ant through 9 min it become 21% ,It seems to me very strange and I have sent it back to service.So I'm still without my phone.

• per forza sono dei c.... cmq io rimborsato 100% in neanche 10 giorni. Arrivati due giorni fa i soldi sul conto corrente

• contact asus at [email protected] and ask for refund. Service center said that they cannot assure the problem will go after the mainboard change. I was refunded 100% of the cost of my phone (bought thru Asus Website) directly from ASUS. If you bought at Unieuro you can absolutely contact ASUS anyway and they can refund you without passing thru Unieuro. Don't let Unieuro send your phone to service center !!!!

• No tak ale jak ktoś ma na raty w sklepie elektronicznym...? 🤔 Ktoś to przerabia(ł)? 🤔 Mi póki co wszystko działa, pytam Informacyjnie.

• Looks like I've been proven right that this issue is not limited to just a selected batch as suggested by someone, let's just accept that this company doesn't do any QC on their products. So regardless of the batch, at some point it will just die.

If you go read other forum threads, it seems Asus has a reputation of putting out inferior products and I'm not just talking about mobile phones but other devices as well.

This company is basically a scam!

• Hello!

I got my phone back for repair today. (flashing full ramdump).

I haven't been able to try everything again. But the first step is that the reprint reader doesn't work, it's like it's not even in the phone, I can't set up a reprint anymore. Has anyone met anyone like this?

Mods maybe some help? @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS

Should I send it back again?

• Update: Got my phone to charge and did some digging.

Shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900e under USB devices when its plugged into my computer. FYI this is bad news for the prosumer/ tinkerer/ enthusiast.

What you'd want to see if you were trying to flash a new ROM onto an Android device using a Qualcomm chipset (Huawei, OnePlus, Samsung, etc.) is Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. There are tools and guides online about fixing a device stuck in Diagnostics 900e mode and manually switching it to QDLoader 9008. Not specifically an Asus or an Asus Zenfone 8/8 Flip but other manufacturers.

Special programs and hardware are required. Maybe some folks here are familiar with EDL cables or deep flash cables. Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, etc. have loads of them for cheap. There's also sketchy community developed software for diagnosing issues shared across XDA. Lots of guides bits and pieces can be taken from.

Now everything that's attempted has a higher chance of breaking the phone further than actually working, especially if Asus's only fix at the moment is to replace the motherboard. That isn't very suspicious considering Asus is an OEM and corporations like to waste precious time and resources doing anything to avoid liability. It is well known that other Android phones with similar issues can be restored, albeit dubiously, simply by flashing new firmware.

Asus isn't going to cover my phone under warranty and the eBay seller is going to ignore my requests for a refund. Might as well try fixing the phone and coming up with a guide that will be posted on the XDA forums if and only if any attempts are successful. No promises for a solution and you will only know if anything is fixed because something will be posted about it. I'm very busy so don't expect updates like, "tried this doesn't work". There will be no timeline or schedule.

Everyone here who is in the same boat is encouraged to make some lemons from lemonade and tinker with me. More heads are better than one. I'm relatively savvy in this field but by no means an expert. Of course I will not be liable or responsible for anything that happens to anyone's device. There's even a good chance this post will be deleted by Asus.

TL;DR going to try and fix this phone on my own, don't expect anything though.

• Maybe open up a thread at xda. I suppose there will be more people supporting you there.

• xonicsxonics Level 1
    edited October 2021

Just thought I'd add that this has happened to my ZenFone8 this evening. Browsing the Internet, screen went black - as if it had powered off, then the 'Waiting for flashing full ramdump...'.

I'll admit that I've not finished reading this thread yet but it seems like some sort of software failure as there's a lot of recent posts reporting the same issue - a mass hardware failure would seem unlikely (my 2 cents anyway).

Just thought I'd add an update, found a similar issue happened with some Pixel phones recently, (https :// support . google . com/pixelphone/thread/113517096/pixel-3-xl-bricked-overnight-computer-recognizes-as-qusb-bulk-cid-likely-caused-by-security-update?hl=en) further suggesting this issue isn't limited to just Asus. I've also had a web chat with the US support, and although they weren't able to assist with fixing my phone they did say it wasn't an Asus specific issue but an Android one. I doubt it helps anyone though, but thought I'd share.

• Ho seguito le tue istruzioni ma vogliono mandarmi telefono ancora in assistenza per riparazione !!! Dicono che sarà il centro assistenza che dovrà dire se riparare, sostituire o rimborsare

This discussion has been closed.