This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
cherrylips1111

Hi!

I have some questions to you?Can you tell me please:Who have received the phone back? And can I do something If I don't want to take it back,can I say something in the service and don't rake it back?

View post
I got mine few weeks back...refund depends on your local consumer laws, unfortunately where I'm from there is no refund. So will probably sell off this phone after finding a good replacement.

marzvin
Rising Star II
Eit

Whoa!! Im about to buy this phone tomorrow but i got so curious why did the price gone down too fast... Then tried too google it "zenfone 8 review, zenfone 8 problem", then i found this. Im about to buy the 16/256 im glad that i found this thread before buying it😌😌 Thank you guys

View post
Even if anyone offers it free, refuse it, because you're certainly going to lose your data, not if but when the phone dies. Imagine using this damn thing as an alarm for the whole family and it goes crapdump at night, you get sacked at work and kids run late to school, so stay away!

dron39
Rising Star II
I got ramdump too few hours ago. 16/256 Black, MFD 04.2021.
Was listening to music through BT to my car audio. YouTube Vanced cast music to it, then I opened WhatsApp, started to type text. Pressed "Send" button and phone freezed, music stopped to play. I tried to tap on "Send" button few times but phone didn't react and image on display was static. Then dispaly switched off for about 10 seconds and that generic ramdump screen appeared to me.
But I don't know if it's because I have unlocked bootloader or because I have custom kernel or because of something esle - I was able to easily restart my phone to bootloader and then press power button on green "Start" and my phone boot normally back to Android without any problems.

marzvin
Rising Star II
dron39

I got ramdump too few hours ago. 16/256 Black, MFD 04.2021.

Was listening to music through BT to my car audio. YouTube Vanced cast music to it, then I opened WhatsApp, started to type text. Pressed "Send" button and phone freezed, music stopped to play. I tried to tap on "Send" button few times but phone didn't react and image on display was static. Then dispaly switched off for about 10 seconds and that generic ramdump screen appeared to me.

But I don't know if it's because I have unlocked bootloader or because I have custom kernel or because of something esle - I was able to easily restart my phone to bootloader and then press power button on green "Start" and my phone boot normally back to Android without any problems.

View post
Unfortunately you've joined the dreaded Asus zenfon 8 team and you're number 34 on this thread. This happens with or without bootloader unlock.
Come on Asus, please recall this phone now, and save consumers the hassle. The phones are dying at a rate of 2 a day, surely this is now a crisis situation?!

dron39
Rising Star II
marzvin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/189058#Comment_189058

Unfortunately you've joined the dreaded Asus zenfon 8 team and you're number 34 on this thread. This happens with or without bootloader unlock.

Come on Asus, please recall this phone now, and save consumers the hassle. The phones are dying at a rate of 2 a day, surely this is now a crisis situation?!

View post
I don't know. My phone isn't dead. I mean I use it normally. I do not know why for some people when it happens they are unable to escape that ramdump screen. And for some (like for me) - I can easily restart phone and continue to use it normally. This what is really strange.