This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
same as @atoia68, got mine back today as well. Luckily no scratches.
Overall the local service has been very professional and detailed in explaining the problem.
Like everyone else, they also replaced my motherboard and the staff has been very specific with the diagnosis and said that the issue comes from the USB-C charging port within the board.
This is the kind of service and information that should have been relayed to customers and not some vague information.
Since the mods are not going to share anything then I would say the consensus issue is with the hardware, the motherboard to be specific.
Anyway they told me to monitor and come back if there are anymore issues, regardless I'll try it out for a few weeks then sell it off. Don't want to risk the chance of getting all my data wiped off again, would much rather find a more stable phone.

atoia68
Rising Star I
HeLLKiTe

same as @atoia68, got mine back today as well. Luckily no scratches.

Overall the local service has been very professional and detailed in explaining the problem.

Like everyone else, they also replaced my motherboard and the staff has been very specific with the diagnosis and said that the issue comes from the USB-C charging port within the board.

This is the kind of service and information that should have been relayed to customers and not some vague information.

Since the mods are not going to share anything then I would say the consensus issue is with the hardware, the motherboard to be specific.

Anyway they told me to monitor and come back if there are anymore issues, regardless I'll try it out for a few weeks then sell it off. Don't want to risk the chance of getting all my data wiped off again, would much rather find a more stable phone.

View post
But your phone crashed while charging ????

atoia68
Rising Star I
From a first personal impression after replacing the mainboard the phone appears to have improved the following defects: overheating has been drastically reduced, rustling disappeared during conversations, greatly improved fingerprint !!! It looks like another smartphone !!!!

crebach
Star II
My experience: In case anyone was wondering this also happens with the 8 Flip. I know not many people bought it but I liked the camera module on the Zenfone 7 Pro (saw it on a friend's phone) and the unobstructed screen (no notch/ no hole punch) also liked the expandable storage. Purchased and received in May. Used it up until last week with zero problems. Was really loving this phone until it happened. Really upset because this seemed like the perfect phone for me. Didn't care about the chonky size until I switched to my Pixel 4a. Small phones ftw now!
How it happened: Ramdump error while steady charging was off ( normally I am always careful with my battery, only ever steady charge to 80%) but forgot to charge my phone overnight while on vacation out of the country and needed to quickly juice up before leaving the place I was staying. Grabbed my phone after it was on the charger for 15-20mins, saw the screen and went "oh ramdump, okay maybe buggy software update" *pressed all three buttons expecting to boot back into android* ramdump again "oh F***". Left me stranded without a phone. Thankfully fiancé let me use hers in the meanwhile and that all of our important vaca pics were on our messaging apps.
I'm pretty tech savy (linux user with IT background), experienced with android modding, custom roms, etc. Had a OP7P modded with Havoc OS and Lineage OS as my daily driver for a decent amount of time. My pixel uses GrapheneOS. Didn't root or touch the bootloader on this phone because I thought it was perfect OOTB.
LET ME REPEAT I DID NOT TOUCH THE BOOTLOADER OR ROOT OR EVEN ATTEMPT IT!!!
In the US, dealing with the ebay seller I bought it from. They've been very helpful and responsive so far. Thankfully I'm paranoid about data backups and constantly backup to SD card. But it looks like Asus backups need Asus phones to work. Can't just plug microSD into laptop and extract unless someone with more knowledge on the matter can instruct me otherwise. Very open to suggestions atm! Will most likely use Nextcloud in the future for backups and restores.
Still slowly switching from Zenfone 8 Flip to Pixel 4a as previously mentioned as I was out of the country and away from home when this happened. Just got back yesterday.
Currently, my Zenfone 8 Flip has most likely run out of battery. No charging light when I plug it in, no ramdump screen anymore. Nothing. Totally hardbricked. Expensive paperweight. Nice shiny rectangle. You get the point. This leads me to believe there is some combined hardware/ software issue with charging/ charging port/ battery.
---
Anyways, thank you everyone who has posted their experiences online (zentalk, reddit, xda forums) it helped me realize I wasn't just going insane! Created an account on here just to come out of the woodworks and post my experience as documentation in case anyone else with an 8 Flip out there had this happen. Usually I'm very private and hardly ever post on any site ever choosing just to lurk. This was such a huge disappointment I was encouraged to join the conversation.

TL;DR this happens to Zenfone 8 Flips as well.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
atoia68

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187511#Comment_187511

But your phone crashed while charging ????

View post
Nope was browsing happily then suddenly comes the dreaded ramdump