This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Dooboo
Rising Star II
jennebumke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185336#Comment_185336

If you are like me, I won't look on these forums for a new phone, I went to reviews on youtube. Someone should make a video about the problem. I personally think it was a problem that occured after the .113 update. Althought it could be anything. I understand the pain and frustration as my zenfone completly bricked itself. I may have had a ram-dump, but I left my phone unattended, and came back to a turned off screen and an unresponsive phone.

I hope Asus will take action quickly after researching the first few examples, I don't think they are waiting for this kind of critism. Nor do I think they are trying to silence us. I do think it's good to share this with other media, like in youtube comments and websites like tweakers and gsmarena. So far I saw a number that there were 10 ramdump cases, but by the looks of the more posts on this website, there's more. Possibly the tip of an iceberg, but I won't assume how large that iceberg is. However if Asus wants to avoid backlash, they should at least report something to the media about this problem occuring.

I think it's best to be civil about it, having a new fast phone for a few months, getting used to it, and then having to result to an old backup phone sucks and is frustrating. There's not much you can do about this situation, complaining to them is demotivating. While just explaining and sharing the problem is enough.

I still liked the zenfone 8, I think they will fix this problem, whether it being a firmware or hardware issue. I hope they will bring a workaround or fix. And I have previously owned Asus devices that weren't phones, and they always patched problems up perfectly in my opinion. So I think the same applies here and that I will be able to continue to enjoy my zenfone 8 for some while longer.

tldr; bad things happen, lets not assume the worst and look at your options.

View post
Ramdump isnt exactly just the issue here. Its how they handled it or atleast tried.
My phone was barely 1 month old when this ramdump occured. At that point, replacing the unit is logical correct? But they didnt allow.Tried to request a refund but didnt allow it. Had no choice but to do the repair which had to wait 2 weeks. 2 weeks with out a phone, where in this age, you have everything on your phone. Otp, banking, calls, text, email etc you get the jizz. 2 weeks without that.
The worst thing happened, when i got my phone back, it was damaged by their own repair service. There were pry marks and dent around the back cover and on the frame.
Now knowing they fucked up so bad already, still they refused to give me a refund or AlTLEAST a replacement unit. You see, its not just the ramdump. Its the overall experience with the brand. And they FAILED.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
And just to mention, i explained my side to asuscare@asus.com and they basically ignored my email and basically threatened to close my case if i dont comply with their offer in few days ( just replace the back cover, even though theres a scratch on the frame.). They didnt reply me for 2 days until i replied to agree. Very professional right? Lmao

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jennebumke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185336#Comment_185336

If you are like me, I won't look on these forums for a new phone, I went to reviews on youtube. Someone should make a video about the problem. I personally think it was a problem that occured after the .113 update. Althought it could be anything. I understand the pain and frustration as my zenfone completly bricked itself. I may have had a ram-dump, but I left my phone unattended, and came back to a turned off screen and an unresponsive phone.

I hope Asus will take action quickly after researching the first few examples, I don't think they are waiting for this kind of critism. Nor do I think they are trying to silence us. I do think it's good to share this with other media, like in youtube comments and websites like tweakers and gsmarena. So far I saw a number that there were 10 ramdump cases, but by the looks of the more posts on this website, there's more. Possibly the tip of an iceberg, but I won't assume how large that iceberg is. However if Asus wants to avoid backlash, they should at least report something to the media about this problem occuring.

I think it's best to be civil about it, having a new fast phone for a few months, getting used to it, and then having to result to an old backup phone sucks and is frustrating. There's not much you can do about this situation, complaining to them is demotivating. While just explaining and sharing the problem is enough.

I still liked the zenfone 8, I think they will fix this problem, whether it being a firmware or hardware issue. I hope they will bring a workaround or fix. And I have previously owned Asus devices that weren't phones, and they always patched problems up perfectly in my opinion. So I think the same applies here and that I will be able to continue to enjoy my zenfone 8 for some while longer.

tldr; bad things happen, lets not assume the worst and look at your options.

View post
You know thats the funny thing about ASUS, while they don't inform anyone about anything, they do at least not silence anyone. I've been dunking on the Rog5 nonstop for it's ridicolous state and haven't had a single censorship. At least that you can grant to ASUS, if it was apple i had been banned and all comments would have been deleted.
The thing is this issue only affects the zenfone 8 and in rare cases the rog5, the zenfone 8 flip seems completely unaffected by it.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185396#Comment_185396

You know thats the funny thing about ASUS, while they don't inform anyone about anything, they do at least not silence anyone. I've been dunking on the Rog5 nonstop for it's ridicolous state and haven't had a single censorship. At least that you can grant to ASUS, if it was apple i had been banned and all comments would have been deleted.

The thing is this issue only affects the zenfone 8 and in rare cases the rog5, the zenfone 8 flip seems completely unaffected by it.

View post
@Danishblunt lmao. You are right. Apple has way too large amount of users compared to asus though, a small hiccup could make a headline already.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @atoia68,

Please just remember to keep your post in English so that we can understand your post and provide the accurate help.

Regarding your issue you will have to contact a local ASUS service center and explain your issue to them.

Also check your inbox for a PM from me with some follow-up questions regarding your device 🙂

View post
Hi @Irene2_ASUS whats the issue exactly? Service center didnt really explain what happened to the phone or what caused it.