This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flikering effect with WhatsApp camera

k_huat
Rising Star II
My rog phone 5 is having flikering issue with camera in WhatsApp (shown in video 2), but the pre installed camera apps works normally (shown in video 1). This issue remain even after factory reset. I have emailed myasus for help but still pending for reply. Is there anyone facing the same problem? Any solution possible? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

FunBike31
Community Legend I
This can have several different causes, the application does not yet correctly take the Rog5 and certainly other phones with high frequency, different synchronization or too low brightness.
The specifications published by Whatsapp are almost nonexistent, apart from 16MB max I think there is nothing else.
- Test in good light outside, if not better
-Try to put it in Armory Create
and made 2 tests by setting the same FPS frequency on the Rog (display) and in Armory Create, auto-auto and 60-60

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

This can have several different causes, the application does not yet correctly take the Rog5 and certainly other phones with high frequency, different synchronization or too low brightness.

The specifications published by Whatsapp are almost nonexistent, apart from 16MB max I think there is nothing else.

- Test in good light outside, if not better

-Try to put it in Armory Create

and made 2 tests by setting the same FPS frequency on the Rog (display) and in Armory Create, auto-auto and 60-60

View post
Hi @FunBike31
Thanks for your advice. I found the culprit of this issue. It's my fluorescent light problem. Whatsapp camera working fine outside my room under led light (as attached video)

Just out of curiosity why with the same setting the camera app works normally under the fluorescent light but not the WhatsApp camera
Problem solved! Thanks a lot 🙏

FunBike31
Community Legend I
glad to have helped you
The cause is the frequency of the electric current
North America 60Hz, Europe and other countries 50Hz
Apple finally knows both since iOS 14.3 but not Android, so we don't have those choices
NTSC, 30, 60,120 hz, PAL 25,50,100 hz
Until Mr. Google deigns to recognize the Standard PAL, in the camera settings, there is an Anti-flicker 50.60Hz and auto mode which therefore works well as you have seen.
WhatsApp does not use the device software, it uses the base NTSC frequency which is that of Android.

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

glad to have helped you

The cause is the frequency of the electric current

North America 60Hz, Europe and other countries 50Hz

Apple finally knows both since iOS 14.3 but not Android, so we don't have those choices

NTSC, 30, 60,120 hz, PAL 25,50,100 hz

Until Mr. Google deigns to recognize the Standard PAL, in the camera settings, there is an Anti-flicker 50.60Hz and auto mode which therefore works well as you have seen.

WhatsApp does not use the device software, it uses the base NTSC frequency which is that of Android.

View post
@FunBike31 you are so knowledgeable 😃👍🙏

alicebrandow
Star I

I'm sorry to hear about the flickering issue on your Rog Phone 5's WhatsApp camera. It's quite perplexing that the pre-installed camera app functions correctly while the problem persists in WhatsApp. The fact that a factory reset didn't resolve the issue adds to the mystery. Hopefully, myasus support will provide a solution soon. Regarding a potential fix, have you tried updating WhatsApp or checking for any available system updates? Sometimes, these issues can be app-specific. On a separate note, for those who enjoy media apps, like tm whatsapp, troubleshooting camera problems can be crucial for a seamless multimedia experience. Any insights from the community could be beneficial. Good luck!!