cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

cicagorio
Rising Star II
b.preslavski

I also have the same problem and for now, the suggested solutions don't work. I'm gonna try resetting the phone, but i doubt it will be any better.

I come from Sony 5 ii, with the same battery, and with the same usage I would be at 65-70% at the end of the day. With the Asus I am at 30%, which is ridiculous...

View post
It is the same battery size maybe, but a different SoC, different display etc.
Try resetting the phone, turning off "adaptive battery" and "background app management" in the battery options and also turning off "mobile data always active" in the developer options. For me this managed to solve the standby drain.

b_preslavski
Star III
Elmir

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175939#Comment_175939

Try resetting the phone, turning off "adaptive battery" and "background app management" in the battery options and also turning off "mobile data always active" in the developer options. For me this managed to solve the standby drain.

View post
Yep, I'm aware of the differences, especially for the 888 which uses quite a lot of power to keep my hands warm during normal browsing and a couple of images, but yet again - for such a modest using as mine, more than 50% of battery for less than 3h SOT is not acceptable...
After clean up and disabling what you recommend, for now things look promising, but it's just a compromise. I guess with 5g on and adaptive refresh rate, the top SOT would be around 3 hours 🙂

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Like i said before. The biggest problem with Zenfone 8 is battery. It is rated as 4000mAh. But in reality only 3300-3500mAh is used when charged to 100%. If you care for the battery, then only 2600mAh is usable.
Sad truth, small phone means small battery, but Asus got creative with specs.

Chris1
Rising Star II
Accubattery gives a 3630mAh estimation after several cycles.
A 10% difference is not unusual.

woody_ww
Star III
Elmir

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175939#Comment_175939

View post
I have the same issues as others in this topic. Adaptive battery, background app management etc. have been disabled since 1.5 month ago. I didn't reset my phone so far though, but I will now try turning off "mobile data always active" and see what happens. Thanks for this tip!
Typical phone / battery use is like in screenshot below. The percentage numbers of Mobile network stand-by and phone inactive are close those of SOT. As you can see I'm not a heavy user so this standby drain kinda annoys me...
screenshot-20210627-232408505.jpg