This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought Rog 3 10 days ago and it can't even record pubg properly at smooth extreme setting

vk0148945
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): asus screen recorder
In addition to information above,
========================================
When ever I record my game there are so many frame drops it's not playable and this is called a gaming phone . My pubg setting is smooth extreme and still this device is unable to give me smooth performance . I wasted my 43k
7 REPLIES 7

Craven
Rising Star II
Just so you know, if you use 144hz, the refresh rate will be lowered down to 120hz max whenever you use screen recording. This might be the reason why you are experiencing "frame drops" but this isn't exactly your frames dropping but rather you're just getting a slightly less responsive 120hz output instead of the faster, snappier 144hz. Crappy software, i know.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@vk0148945 Can you provide some more detail about your performance with screen recording on/off?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
vk0148945

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): asus screen recorder

In addition to information above,

========================================

When ever I record my game there are so many frame drops it's not playable and this is called a gaming phone . My pubg setting is smooth extreme and still this device is unable to give me smooth performance . I wasted my 43k

I bought Rog 3 10 days ago and it can't even record pubg properly at smooth extreme setting
Well I record Ultra HD on 90 fps with water reflections and no frame drops,perhaps you can take a look at your phone or armoury settings cause this is not a mainstream issue
Either way for 1245 euros it's like the best deal for this kind of phone lol

Aryan202
Community Legend I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44397/i-bought-rog-3-10-days-ago-and-it-cant-even-record-pubg...

Well I record Ultra HD on 90 fps with water reflections and no frame drops,perhaps you can take a look at your phone or armoury settings cause this is not a mainstream issue

Either way for 1245 euros it's like the best deal for this kind of phone lol

View post
Approximately 500 Euros (direct conversion from inr to €)
*For the Indian variant