This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A15 FA566IH USB - 3x ports doesnt detect Mobile connection through USB cable.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
System: Asus A15
Battery or AC: both
Model: FA566IH.311
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Not needed
========================
Detailed description:The issue is, the USB 2 x 3.2 ports(the other 1 x 2.0 USB port works just fine) doesn't detect mobile connection through a USB cable for data transfer and tethering but other functionalities are working like Pendrive detection and good speed with that.

The touchpad suddenly stops working/behaves too slow or doesn't respond for a few seconds and corrects itself later on. Doesn't depend on which application I'm using.

Also, there is a degree of flex on the display while closing and opening the LID around the lower edges of the screen.
This issue is not limited to my device almost everyone on the current BIOS are facing this issue and there's a seperate thread on Reddit but no one from Asus have said anything about that...
Do others in this BIOS version too have the same issue or is it just me?

Thank you in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
@novalsofyan Haven't received any updates from Asus or my service engineer who visited my place to diagnose my device.

Can you please ask your friend whether his issue is resolved. If yes, ask him to list the steps or what he did that helped him to solve the issue?

novalsofyan
Star II
GOKUL KRISHNA

@novalsofyan Haven't received any updates from Asus or my service engineer who visited my place to diagnose my device.

Can you please ask your friend whether his issue is resolved. If yes, ask him to list the steps or what he did that helped him to solve the issue?

View post
he just rollback his bios for now.

novalsofyan
Star II
*Update from me:
I rollback bios to 309 and its normal again. So this is bios 311 problem

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both,
I have reported this issue to get more information about it.
I will keep you updated when there is any update.
Thank you.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
Hi @novalsofyan , I guess the BIOS is locked once it's updated to the latest version, It can't be rolled back in the conventional method through the USB stick method. If you could ask your friend how he rolledback the update exactly and list the steps - I can replicate the procedure and try to resolve the issue.

It would be of great help if you could ask your friend.