This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't tranfer file

Model: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Version: Android 10, V.432

Hello asus moderator, I want to ask, I want to transfer files to PC via usb cable, in the file transfer options my device on the PC is not detected, whereas if in the PTP devices method I can be detected, is this a bug from the Firmware or from the PC driver?
7 REPLIES 7

vamsi
Star III
Rendy Herdiano

Model: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Version: Android 10, V.432

Hello asus moderator, I want to ask, I want to transfer files to PC via usb cable, in the file transfer options my device on the PC is not detected, whereas if in the PTP devices method I can be detected, is this a bug from the Firmware or from the PC driver?

Can't tranfer file
Try updating usb drivers of your PC, I works fine with me. i have transferred 20 gb backup back to my phone after updating to A10 with no issues.

vamsi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36763/cant-tranfer-file

Try updating usb drivers of your PC, I works fine with me. i have transferred 20 gb backup back to my phone after updating to A10 with no issues.

View post

I have done everything, but the results are still the same, only my PTP mode is in the Transfer mode file devices not detected

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Rendy Herdiano

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119614#Comment_119614

I have done everything, but the results are still the same, only my PTP mode is in the Transfer mode file devices not detected

View post
Goto developer options/ default usb configuration under network. And set file transfer as default.
Now connect and use and forget toggling.
screenshot-20200928-162204.png

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Rendy Herdiano
Thank you for your asking. As Anandu mentioned above, kindly check your USB settings, after the device links on the PC with USB, tap the notification as below for further settings. Besides, try to change another cable.
screenshot-20200929-161425-7e2.png
Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the situation remains the same, kindly provide us the video of the process for further checking.