Star I
System: UX363EA
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook UX363EA
Frequency of occurrence: every reboot
Reset OS: Win11
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Every time I boot up the number pad stops working. I can sometimes change settings and get it up but it won't last. Pad lights up but is totally unresponsive of sometimes gives wacky output (random numbers or same number repeated no matter what number is pressed). Part of the reason I chose this laptop was the convenient number pad but it has turned into a nightmare! I downloaded and installed the latest number pad driver from the ASUS website, It seemed to work sometimes before the 22H2 but failed after that. All MS updates have been installed. Zenbook is less than one month old.
4 REPLIES 4

FongPoui
Rising Star II
So, what I understand is your model got a numpad trouble even when you were in windows 11 version 21H2 (pre-installed), right?. After that, you updated your laptop to windows 11 version 22H2, from that, your laptop numpad always failed...
During your updating to 22H2, everything went smoothly...No errors aterted.
As I also updated to windows 11 version 22H2 successfully, I wonder why the system information of my laptop (UX8402) continue to report the windows version 21H2!

Falcon_ASUS
georgebee
  1. System: UX363EA
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Zenbook UX363EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every reboot
  5. Reset OS: Win11
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Every time I boot up the number pad stops working. I can sometimes change settings and get it up but it won't last. Pad lights up but is totally unresponsive of sometimes gives wacky output (random numbers or same number repeated no matter what number is pressed). Part of the reason I chose this laptop was the convenient number pad but it has turned into a nightmare! I downloaded and installed the latest number pad driver from the ASUS website, It seemed to work sometimes before the 22H2 but failed after that. All MS updates have been installed. Zenbook is less than one month old.

zenbook number pad not working
@georgebee
According to your description, I would recommend you to backup your data and restore your system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

georgebee
Star I
Two days ago I spent most of my Sunday restoring the system and reinstalling my programs then data. Number pad worked until I did the 22H2 update again.
georgebee

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.