This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (MT7921) keeps disappearing from device manager randomly.

brambedkar59
Star III
System: Asus Tuf F17
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FX706HE
Frequency of occurrence: Random (almost daily)
Reset OS: Clean Install
Screenshot or video: Attached below
========================
Detailed description:

Asus Tuf A17
Win 11 22H2 Clean install with all drivers updated from MyAsus App.
Wi-Fi driver installed: 3.00.01.1244
BT driver installed: 1.3.15.142
BIOS: 311
For few weeks randomly almost every day (sometimes when I start the device and sometimes after waking from sleep) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth keeps disappearing.
Steps taken so far:
Uninstalling drivers for both Wi-Fi & BT from device manager and reinstalling latest drivers from MyAsus
Resetting by holding power button for 30 sec
Restoring BIOS optimum defaults
I am so frustrated with this device.
I called CC and they had similar steps as mentioned above. After resetting (holding power button for 30 sec) the problem goes away until next reboot or shutdown.
Thanks in advance
PS what's up with formatting on this site, it jumbled up all words when I created this post, had to edit & write everything again.

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
brambedkar59
  1. System: Asus Tuf F17
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FX706HE
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Random (almost daily)
  5. Reset OS: Clean Install
  6. Screenshot or video: Attached below

========================

Detailed description:

Asus Tuf A17

Win 11 22H2 Clean install with all drivers updated from MyAsus App.

Wi-Fi driver installed: 3.00.01.1244

BT driver installed: 1.3.15.142

BIOS: 311

For few weeks randomly almost every day (sometimes when I start the device and sometimes after waking from sleep) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth keeps disappearing.

Steps taken so far:

1. Uninstalling drivers for both Wi-Fi & BT from device manager and reinstalling latest drivers from MyAsus
  2. Resetting by holding power button for 30 sec
  3. Restoring BIOS optimum defaults

I am so frustrated with this device.

I called CC and they had similar steps as mentioned above. After resetting (holding power button for 30 sec) the problem goes away until next reboot or shutdown.

Thanks in advance

PS what's up with formatting on this site, it jumbled up all words when I created this post, had to edit & write everything again.

screenshot-2022-09-12-090346.png

screenshot-2022-09-12-092407.png

MediaTek Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (MT7921) keeps disappearing from device manager randomly.
brambedkar59 
If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.
1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).
2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.
3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.
4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.
5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V1.3.15.142 or above.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.
Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

brambedkar59
Star III
Already tried these steps from other similar thread here. Problem goes away for some time then comes back. So not solved 😞

Falcon_ASUS
brambedkar59

Already tried these steps from other similar thread here. Problem goes away for some time then comes back. So not solved 😞

View post
@brambedkar59
If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

brambedkar59
Star III
This is a driver problem, because it works fine in Ubuntu. At least let asus devs know that there is a problem with drivers for this chip. There are numerous threads here & on reddit, microsoft forum about this same issue, so I am not the only one.