This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (MT7921) keeps disappearing from device manager randomly.

brambedkar59
Star III
System: Asus Tuf F17
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FX706HE
Frequency of occurrence: Random (almost daily)
Reset OS: Clean Install
Screenshot or video: Attached below
========================
Detailed description:

Asus Tuf A17
Win 11 22H2 Clean install with all drivers updated from MyAsus App.
Wi-Fi driver installed: 3.00.01.1244
BT driver installed: 1.3.15.142
BIOS: 311
For few weeks randomly almost every day (sometimes when I start the device and sometimes after waking from sleep) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth keeps disappearing.
Steps taken so far:
Uninstalling drivers for both Wi-Fi & BT from device manager and reinstalling latest drivers from MyAsus
Resetting by holding power button for 30 sec
Restoring BIOS optimum defaults
I am so frustrated with this device.
I called CC and they had similar steps as mentioned above. After resetting (holding power button for 30 sec) the problem goes away until next reboot or shutdown.
Thanks in advance
PS what's up with formatting on this site, it jumbled up all words when I created this post, had to edit & write everything again.

6 REPLIES 6

Rokusho
Star I
It do not solve the problem but this is other "last version" of the driver, so I change between your version and this one to reset when is gone, and yes is a problem between windows and mediatek drivers, this has been here for a few months
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124328-DRIVERS-AMD-MediaTek-WiFi-Bluetooth

brambedkar59
Star III
Rokusho

It do not solve the problem but this is other "last version" of the driver, so I change between your version and this one to reset when is gone, and yes is a problem between windows and mediatek drivers, this has been here for a few months

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124328-DRIVERS-AMD-MediaTek-WiFi-Bluetooth

View post
After raising a ticket Asus engineer came and changed the MT7921 chip, working fine for almost two weeks now. Wasn't a driver issue as I thought.

Mods can close the thread as issue has been resolved.