This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop runs into lock mode

evanohd
Star I
My wife is using an ASUS laptop, having recently upgraded to the latest windows 11 from windows 10 some month or so ago. When she enters her password/ PIN the laptop displays a quick "locking" and the screen goes blank even though the fan will be working. I restarted the laptop several times but the problem still persists. She needs it for school and is desperate. Any advice as to how to resolve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
evanohd

My wife is using an ASUS laptop, having recently upgraded to the latest windows 11 from windows 10 some month or so ago. When she enters her password/ PIN the laptop displays a quick "locking" and the screen goes blank even though the fan will be working. I restarted the laptop several times but the problem still persists. She needs it for school and is desperate. Any advice as to how to resolve this problem?

Laptop runs into lock mode
@evanohd
According to what you described, I would recommend you to backup your data and restore your system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...If the problem persists, you may need to send the laptop in for repair.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

willjoe2442
Star III
The computer locking automatically can be the issue triggered by operating system issues, improper installations of drivers, or the OS update. Malfunctions like this can trigger various problems, so checking for the latest updates might help to solve the problem.

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.