Star I
System: Windows 11 Pro
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FA506IV-BR7N12
Frequency of occurrence: When under load
Reset OS: Reset what?
Screenshot or video: None
========================
Detailed description:I have a FA506IV-BR7N12 in wich i changed both SSDs to WD Blue 2TB and i added a ram stick for a total of 24GB.

When i play whatever really, HWInfo64 report that my GPU is throttling due to power draw... And even though i use the laptop on AC, i wondered if upgrading to the 86Wh battery could help solve this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Phobophile89
  1. System: Windows 11 Pro
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FA506IV-BR7N12
  4. Frequency of occurrence: When under load
  5. Reset OS: Reset what?
  6. Screenshot or video: None

========================

Detailed description:I have a FA506IV-BR7N12 in wich i changed both SSDs to WD Blue 2TB and i added a ram stick for a total of 24GB.

When i play whatever really, HWInfo64 report that my GPU is throttling due to power draw... And even though i use the laptop on AC, i wondered if upgrading to the 86Wh battery could help solve this issue?

Will upgrading my battery help with GPU Power Throttling
@Phobophile89
As far as I know, the laptop battery cannot be replaced. We may not be able to guarantee its stability and compatibility with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Phobophile89
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS

Yes, there is a 86Wh battery for my laptop. And yes the laptop is user serviceable...
CS-AUX506NB is the battery i'm refering to.
But that's not even the question.
Can the laptop use the battery's D/C power to compensate the PSU's lack of A/C power?
I heard of how bad Asus costumer service became. I would have rather silence over this answer...

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.