cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD when using stylus on UX482EAR

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482
Frequency of occurrence: 1-2 times a day.
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:This is my first post here in the Asus community. I received the Asus Zenbook Duo UX482 from Amazon last Wednesday. I love this laptop and love using the stylus. Unfortunately, I'm suspecting there's a bug in the drivers for the Wacom/EMR pen input causing blue screens. I've experienced several over the past few days, all occurred while using the stylus on the main display. On Friday I did a software update through Windows Update and figured that would fix the problem. However yesterday I experienced another blue screen, again while using the pen on the main display. This problem isn't frequent. Most of the time the pen input works without issue. However, I'd like to put a stop to the blue screens.

Is this a known issue, and what fixes are available? I'm thinking the drivers either need to be updated or uninstalled and reinstalled. I just don't want to start fiddling with that stuff if there's another way around this.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
matthewmcgee468
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX482
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 1-2 times a day.
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:This is my first post here in the Asus community. I received the Asus Zenbook Duo UX482 from Amazon last Wednesday. I love this laptop and love using the stylus. Unfortunately, I'm suspecting there's a bug in the drivers for the Wacom/EMR pen input causing blue screens. I've experienced several over the past few days, all occurred while using the stylus on the main display. On Friday I did a software update through Windows Update and figured that would fix the problem. However yesterday I experienced another blue screen, again while using the pen on the main display. This problem isn't frequent. Most of the time the pen input works without issue. However, I'd like to put a stop to the blue screens.

Is this a known issue, and what fixes are available? I'm thinking the drivers either need to be updated or uninstalled and reinstalled. I just don't want to start fiddling with that stuff if there's another way around this.

Thanks.

BSOD when using stylus on UX482EAR
@matthewmcgee468
Is your BIOS also updated to the latest?
[Notebook] How to update BIOS in Windows | Official Support | ASUS GlobalPlease refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix Blue Screen Errors in Windows (BSOD) | Official ...If the problem persists, since your laptop is new, I would recommend that you check with the dealer for a return or exchange.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.