Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor sound after Windows update

LaninS
Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: both
Model: Zenbook Duo UX482EA (BIOS UX482EA.311)
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
After the last Windows update that came a week ago (i didn't installed it imidiately, i ran it on sunday evening, at 15th of May) sound via headphones and speakers become very poor (no mids or lows). I tried to remove a drivers and reinstall them - it didn't work. For now I installed the latest version, that I can find, of Realtek High Definition Audio - 6.0.9231.1

11 REPLIES 11

LaninS
Star I
*installation of the latest audio driver didn't solved the problem

Arjit
Star III
Check my post you might get temporary solution.
Arjit
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: k15 oled
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:After recent update of realtek audio console or DTS extension the sound on online media became very poor there is absolutely no bass at all in any online media. i have tried several web browsers but no fix.

but the sound of offline media has improved specially the surround effect.

but who downloads shows n movies these days?

push an update to fix this issue.

Poor Sound
I must say that dolby audio on lenovo laptops is far better than this DTS audio on asus laptops

LaninS
Star I
Arjit

Check my post you might get temporary solution.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60116/poor-sound

I must say that dolby audio on lenovo laptops is far better than this DTS audio on asus laptops

View post
Thanks, I already did, before I was starting this discussion, that's why I provide bios, model and driver number in first comment) Unfotunately that post didn't helped me( Also DTS Audio Processing is installed but it's inactive

Falcon_ASUS
LaninS
  1. System: Windows 10 Home
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: Zenbook Duo UX482EA (BIOS UX482EA.311)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: no
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

After the last Windows update that came a week ago (i didn't installed it imidiately, i ran it on sunday evening, at 15th of May) sound via headphones and speakers become very poor (no mids or lows). I tried to remove a drivers and reinstall them - it didn't work. For now I installed the latest version, that I can find, of Realtek High Definition Audio - 6.0.9231.1

Poor sound after Windows update
@LaninS
Could you please provide the detailed version of the OS and the BIOS version currently in use?
What kind of music file are you playing? Is it a video on the Internet?
Thank you.
Which version of Windows operating system am I running?[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global