System: UX510UW Boot selection
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX510UW
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No OS installed
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I'm having problems with my UX510UW that won't recognize USB drive upon bootup (pressing F2 launches the BIOS settings, but the USB drive won't show up anywhere).
I want to install my Windows again, and I need to boot from USB.
I have turned off the Secure Boot option, enabled SCM and enabled PXE OpRom but nothing helps (I've tried a different combination of these options also).
When I plug in a bootable USB drive, the laptop won't just recognize it as a drive. I've tested the USB stick on another computer, and it boots up nicely. I can't even upgrade my BIOS, because USB drives won't work.
I've plugged in a gaming mouse to the USB ports, and the mouse LEDs light up. So at least power is coming from the USB ports. I've also tried the stick on different USB ports on the laptop (four slots in total, tried each of them).
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
silverdragon
  1. System: UX510UW Boot selection
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX510UW
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No OS installed
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I'm having problems with my UX510UW that won't recognize USB drive upon bootup (pressing F2 launches the BIOS settings, but the USB drive won't show up anywhere).

I want to install my Windows again, and I need to boot from USB.

I have turned off the Secure Boot option, enabled SCM and enabled PXE OpRom but nothing helps (I've tried a different combination of these options also).

When I plug in a bootable USB drive, the laptop won't just recognize it as a drive. I've tested the USB stick on another computer, and it boots up nicely. I can't even upgrade my BIOS, because USB drives won't work.

I've plugged in a gaming mouse to the USB ports, and the mouse LEDs light up. So at least power is coming from the USB ports. I've also tried the stick on different USB ports on the laptop (four slots in total, tried each of them).

UX510UW usb drive cannot be used for booting up
@silverdragon
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.