Windows 11 Wireless driver fails to start

electricsrini
Star I
System: Windows 11 Home build 22000.469
Battery or AC: Observed both on battery and AC
Model: Asus Vivobook X512FA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No resolution on OS reset as well
Screenshot or video: Wifi driver - This device cannot start (Code 10) - error message
========================
Detailed description:
Wifi stops working abruptly and if we visit device manager, it shows the message 'This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful'.
The Windows OS is up-to-date. MyAsus also does not show any pending driver updates. There are no pending optional updates in Windows OS as well.
If I am in luck, on deleting the device from device manager and then do a scan for new hardware changes, it starts to work - but, only for couple of hours before the same message appears. On some occasions, this step also does not work. Been relying on mobile USB tethering for the last many days due to this issue.
The local Asus support either blame it on Windows 11 or drivers. Is this by any chance an indication of potential Wifi card hardware failure? How can I convince the support team to investigate more?

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
electricsrini
  1. System: Windows 11 Home build 22000.469
  2. Battery or AC: Observed both on battery and AC
  3. Model: Asus Vivobook X512FA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No resolution on OS reset as well
  6. Screenshot or video: Wifi driver - This device cannot start (Code 10) - error message

========================

Detailed description:

Wifi stops working abruptly and if we visit device manager, it shows the message 'This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful'.

The Windows OS is up-to-date. MyAsus also does not show any pending driver updates. There are no pending optional updates in Windows OS as well.

If I am in luck, on deleting the device from device manager and then do a scan for new hardware changes, it starts to work - but, only for couple of hours before the same message appears. On some occasions, this step also does not work. Been relying on mobile USB tethering for the last many days due to this issue.

The local Asus support either blame it on Windows 11 or drivers. Is this by any chance an indication of potential Wifi card hardware failure? How can I convince the support team to investigate more?

wifi-hardware-error.jpeg

Windows 11 Wireless driver fails to start
@electricsrini
It is indeed possible that the network card is faulty. I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.