GL702VM Keyboard not working
- System: Windows 10 64bit
- Battery or AC: Both
- Model: GL702VM
- Frequency of occurrence: Always
- Reset OS: No
- Screenshot or video:
My keyboard suddenly stopped working. Been using external Bluetooth keyboard for the longest time and then one time I tried to use the built in keyboard again and it doesn't work anymore.
The only key that works is the Power button, ROG button and when I press the FN button + the FN keys (F1-F12). Other than that it doesn't work.
The backlight is still working. Never dropped or spilled anything on it as well.
I've tried all below troubleshooting steps I know and read online but it still doesn't work.
- Uninstalled / reinstalled the driver
- Updated the driver automatically (latest driver installed)
- Updated the driver manually (downloaded driver from Asus)
- Tried the windows keyboard troubleshooter (no issue found)
- Enabled/disabled "Use Filter Keys"
- Disabled "Cortona" from Task Manager (End task)
- Enabled/Run TextServicesFramework from Task Scheduler
- Run the "c:\windows\system32\cftmon.exe"
What I noticed though is that on the device manager, the keyboard device is somehow always hidden. And the only compatible keyboard hardware shown is the PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
If I unticked the Show compatible hardware, then I can see the HID Keyboard and Standard PS/2. I tried to install them but it will prompt me that it is not a recommended or compatible device. When I continue to install them it ask me to restart to complete the changes but after restart it still only shows PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key).
If I use the external keyboard, I plugged in the Bluetooth USB receiver, then the keyboard device will show up on the device manager and it actually shows/use the HID keyboard.
I have not tried resetting the Laptop yet as I'm hoping I can resolve it without resetting the laptop first.