edited July 30 in Others
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Battery&AC
  3. Model: G713QM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: FREQUENT
  5. Reset OS: No, fresh install
  6. Screenshot or video: Can't assign there

========================

Detailed description:mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050 causes constant BSODs (SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION) on Windows 10. Tried to reinstall this driver - didn't help. Please release a more reliable driver, the current version is broken.

Best Answers

• edited August 12 Accepted Answer

Dear all,

The new driver V3.00.01.1100 has been released on the support website

1. please download the new version
    2. go to device manager>find "MediaTek MT7921">right click and chose "properties">chose "uninstall device(U)">make sure you check on the "delete driver of this device" then uninstall device
    3. install the new version

Let me know if the BSOD still happen.

(Please kindly understand that I adjust it to Accepted answer just to stick this post to the front)

Thank you so much.

• edited August 17 Accepted Answer

Dear all,

Thank you all so much for the feedback.

There is another thing we need to check.

Can you help to find out if the MultiAntenna Service on your device is version 3.1.1 or even earlier ones?

Please kindly help to update it to V3.1.3

And I have asked for some log in PM, please kindly help.

Thank you so much.

Comments

• Exact same thing happening on my ROG Strix G513QR. The only temporary fix I have is to delete and reinstall the driver. This only holds for the day and the next time I shut down and start my laptop I have to do it again. The driver is shot and needs a stable version.

• Same problem with my asus Rog strix G15 G513QC.

Win 10 64bit 2004 bulid 19041

I have tried to reinstall the driver and yet it still happened.

Frequency of occurrence: Very frequently

• Dear all,

Can you help to specify the Wifi driver version that is having this issue ?

I have reported for more support about this.

Thank you.

• abozhinabozhin Level 1

Hi Blake, thank you for your response!

As a specified in the first post - this is mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050.

• mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050 here as well. Some more information. It seems that if I disable auto connect the driver does not crash anymore. Instead it disconnects every 5 ish minutes and I have to manually reconnect. Then it stabilizes after half an hour and just ocasionally disconnects but no longer crashes. I have also disabled hibernation on all power modes to prevent the wi fi card from being shut down. It might be the case that repeated attempts at reconnecting cause the crash. Hope it helps

• Tiến ĐứcTiến Đức Level 1
    edited August 4

Hi Blake

In my region some admin give me a solutions require to download a tools call "Driver store explore" to force delete mtkwlex6.sys and reinstall this version 3.0.1.1133 but still the BSOD occurred EVERYTIME my product start windows

This is the link which I download this version:

Sorry i cannot post any link yet so here is a picture instead.

I just bought this product on 26/06/2021, this is such a nightmare, please help me.

Ps: Since i mentioned above I am from Vietnam, the Covid-19 made me unable to use any kind of Asus warranty.

Thank you

• DoricaDorica Level 1

Same issue here on a laptop gaming Asus Rog Strix G15 G513QM,mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050 here as well causes BSODs (SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION) on Windows 10.please need a solution

• Dear all,

Thank you for the information.

I will keep you updated if there is anything new.

• Dear all,

I have send you PM to ask for your serial number, please kindly help to reply.

Also, I would like to know how many different channel have you tried to update the driver?

Windows update, MyASUS, ASUS support website, supplier's website...anything else?

Thank you.

edited August 6

Hi Blake,

For me i have tried Windows update/ Rog.Asus.com/Zentalk Vn/Asus Customer service (email). And none of them work.

Thank you

• Hi Blake,

In my case windows did not find a driver in the first instance. Neither did My Asus. I had to download the version available on the ASUS support website via a ethernet connection.

• Hi, please add me to the list of people with failing new laptops.

I am experiencing the exact same issue. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050

Asus ROG STRIX G733QS.320.

• Dear all,

Thank you all so much for the information.

I have reported accordingly.

Dear Andrew,

I have sent you PM for the SN as well.

Thank you.

• I have updated now the driver to the new version V3.00.01.1100; I will update you.

• I have also updated and the problem persists. It did not solve it on my machine

• I have update the new driver for 1 day. I will give you update about the BSOD problems.

For others have BSOD here are some info about my system.

Laptop model: Rog strix G15 G513QC

Driver V3.00.01.1100.

• Hi Blake,

In my case after do as your instructions, my problems still occur.

After set my laptop to sleep then wake it up, the wifi icon change to no connection, the BSOD jump in.

Please notice my feedback.

Thank you.

edited August 16

Hi Blake,

In my case, the MultiAntenna Service on my device was 3.1.0.

I have just updated this driver as your instruction.

(oh i mean uninstall old one)

Thank you

BEFORE

AFTER