This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add 16GB of RAM to my already existing 8GB of RAM?

xxrooikatxx
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: Asus VivoBook S14 S410UA?
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I bought 16GB of RAM that can fit in my laptop and the person helping me at the shop said it was possible to add 16GB to my laptop that only has 8GB, I put the RAM in the extra slot and the turned on my laptop and the screen would stay blank on startup. I took out the the RAM and then my laptop would work normally, am I able to add the 16GB of RAM or will I have to get 8GBs?
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
xxrooikatxx
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus VivoBook S14 S410UA?
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I bought 16GB of RAM that can fit in my laptop and the person helping me at the shop said it was possible to add 16GB to my laptop that only has 8GB, I put the RAM in the extra slot and the turned on my laptop and the screen would stay blank on startup. I took out the the RAM and then my laptop would work normally, am I able to add the 16GB of RAM or will I have to get 8GBs?

Try with another RAM module with the same company with the same frequency.
Normally black screen means a faulty RAM module.
or
make sure single-sided or dual-sided ram module. find out which ram-type ram module is compatible

Falcon_ASUS
xxrooikatxx
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus VivoBook S14 S410UA?
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

@xxrooikatxx
Could you please provide me your laptop serial number via private message? I will confirm the hardware support specifications of this model. Thank you.