ASUS 5z slow charging speed after January security patch.

Comments

• Evil_Sylar posted on 2019/3/8 16:55
    I am also facing the same bug. This started happening after WW-90.10.138.181 update. Previously it w ...
    Hi Evil_Sylar ,

Good day.
    The charging slowly problem is under investigation.

Do you also encounter a problem of Quick charge not work after the update WW-90.10.138.181?
    Thank you.
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    I've texted you by PM, please check your message box.

We would appreciate your reply.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/3/13 07:25
    Hi Evil_Sylar ,

Good day.

Hi Emilee, actually this is a random issue. Sometimes it fast charges and sometimes it doesn't. It happens randomly. I have tried many QC3 compatible chargers too but it is the same on all.

And yes i also encountered it after 181 update. Before 181 update the problem was not there. Please solve this issue soon.
  • I'm facing this problem with slow charging after the update
  • I am facing the same problem, after January update I am sitting next to power board to charge my phone whole day. Fix it immediately.
  • Guys, these are the same problem in Android pie for pixel device you just need to Google it.
  • adityajena93 posted on 2019/3/16 10:33
    Guys, these are the same problem in Android pie for pixel device you just need to Google it.

but my 5Z was on Pie since december and the charging issue wasnt there in previous software builds. charging issue started happening only after 181 version update.

so something is wrong with new 181 zenui update for sure!
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/3/13 06:40
    Hi All,

Good day.

Hi Emilee, is there any solution for this issue yet?
  • Really mess after .181 update . Charging speed reduced , and the phone seems to get heated more, both while charging and using
  • I am also facing the slow charging bug yet.
  • I am also facing this issue with January updates now i have updated the firmware with Ww.ZS620KL_90.11.162.45.201903311. Even though slow changing rate is still there.  :'(
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/3/22 11:05

Hi All,

Good day.
    The QC charge problem and Slow charge are different.
    Could you kindly tell me which one do you encounter?

A new firmware will be published recently, please wait for the next update WW- 90.11.162.45.
    Or I would suggest you update manually.
    For instructions please refer to the link below:
    http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1158

Note:
    Here's charging condiction without enabling AI charging when using the Asus adapter to charging. 0%~70% -> 2A Quick charging70%~90% -> 1.5A Normal charging90%~100% 1A Slow chargingAfter 100% -> on Trickle charging for a while, then turn to stop charging
    Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/3/22 08:00
    Hi All,

Good day.

Hello Emilee the QC slow charging issue is there on WW- 90.11.162.45 too. It still exists. I upgraded to the latest firmware and i still face slow QC3 charging. Tried 3 different QC3 chargers including stock charger. Same behavior on all.
  • Quick charge not working after update
  • I have ASUS 5z and it's working well but last update give me so bad experience the update billed no. WW-90.10.138.181 that update I have same problem face it's  1. Slow changing problem it's take 4hr to 10%to 100%  changing  2. Problem was double screen open than restart the all page and 3. One is slow internet facing on my phone now what I do . Fast  i do factory reset sameone suggest me I done that but I face the same problem than I wait for new update  now it's come  the billed no. 90.11.162.45  I update it but I face a same problem in charging. But double screen problem it's solve but big problem was not solve so now what is do to that problem to solve  and my phone working well please help me. 
    Please release a update to fix this slow changing problem help. Me 😞😞
  • I am on 90.11.162.45 and experiencing a very slow charging. Since I bought this phone, I never changed adapter or any setting. Untill recent update it was charging quite fast and now it takes looooong to recharge ....very painful :(
  • How can you guys be so irresponsible at asus. We have been facing this issue right from .181 jan update. How can you not fix such a major bug. I would be forced to sell this device else. Bye bye Asus forever.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/3/14 14:43
    Hi All,

Good day.

Will you please give us a fix for this issue ??
  • More than a month since the problem has been brought to Asus knowledge and still no solution.
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    The slow charge problem, we will improve this problem and also expected to conduct a software update plan in the subsequent system version. For further information, please stay tuned with ZenTalk forum.
    https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39
    Thanks for your patience and understanding.