Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10

124»

Comments

• Are you guys fine tuning the HDR++ to improve detail in the shadows or dial back the contrast? While the highlight retention is good, you lose that advantage and dynamic range when the detail in the shadows is lost. And I don't mean for shooting at night. I use HDR++ during daytime and the loss of details in the darker areas of the frame has a negative impact on wide shots and anything with darker details.

Please let us know if this is on the radar to improve.

• I know this is a sensitive topic mas but since Asus sent some devices to developers i think theres no big issue talking about it.

Meanwhile what't the current situation about the possible update to fix some issues with 3rd part apps, like gcam?

Can we expect any update soon?

• *3RD PARTY CAMERA OVEREXPOSURE ISSUE WITH PROOF*

Hi all.

I was recently filming myself on Snapchat for a tiktok *cause that's what all American teens do these days* and since I noticed that the overexposure was absolutely crazy like it always is after Android 10 update, I thought it would be a great opportunity to show you guys what I mean.

And for those who may not believe I filmed the video with a Zenfone 6, I took a picture of me holding it in a mirror so you can see that I indeed do have a Zenfone 6.

Please let me know what you guys think and Asus, please fix this issue asap. People are constantly making fun of my cameras exposure and it kinda sucks because the camera was one of the main reasons I bought this phone ? - Best regards, Branden.

• We're having some discussion about it.. but as with anything camera - change one place - people complain (not the same people).

Change it backwards - people complain (the first batch of people).

So as such.. it is kind-of difficult to make everyone happy - I think that's the most accurate thing I can say on this matter.

We havent intentionally broken any GCAM mod functionality from what I am aware. It could be because of so many different reasons which are also outside of our control - it's not like our camera team knows exactly what needs to be done to get everything working on any particular gcam mod - nor should it be their priority to figure it out (which I hope you all understand as to why that is).

That being said, let's see if any changes made to the next update helps this topic.

• @CH_ASUS

If you guys need image consultants or camera testers to improve the stock camera, I'd be glad to help and give input.

Looking forward to the next update. Thanks.

• Regarding Gcam I'm not an expert on that matter but i remember someone posted a while ago a log that that showed the problem was related with the "vendor" or something that could only be fixed by Asus.

If someone can explain better what the issue is that would be great.

• I was recently filming myself on Snapchat for a tiktok *cause that's what all American teens do these days* and since I noticed that the overexposure was absolutely crazy like it always is after Android 10 update, I thought it would be a great opportunity to show you guys what I mean.

I've been facing the same issue.

• Guys is there some change?

Ive had my MB replaced and cause of that I got A10. I had A9 before because 10 sucked...

So now I have A10 and the night pictures are terrible. No solution yet?

• This is comparasion with iPhone 11 Pro. Before the update, Zenfone 6 was even better. No it is obviously worse

• Guys, no reaction??

This discussion has been closed.