This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone max pro M2 ZB631KL 3/32gb Red alert + Google service keep stop working issues

Zetech
Star I

Dear folks, I bought my zenfone max pro m2 (3/32gb) since late 2019.

Now I had a problem that there is a red alert every boot up and the Google service keep stop working. These issue occurred since I tried to upgrade newest rom from ASUS official firmware support site. 

The bootloader are untouched. Please see the attached photo of my phone details.

IMG_1726643230038_1726643235080.jpg

Hopefully there is a complete solution for my case.

All the best,

Roman

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@Zetech 
Based on your description of the situation, to rule out any system malfunctions, we recommend backing up your data and restoring the system before using it again. 
[Phone] How to do the factory reset on your phone

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hello @Falcon_ASUS ,

Thank you for your fast support.

I did many solutions, even to re-install the Rom (flashall_AFT) but the error did not went away. 

This issue occurred when I tried to upgrade to this firmware: WW-16.2017.2011.105 for WW SKUs

Download: https://www.asus.com/vn/supportonly/zenfone%20max%20pro%20(m2)(zb631kl)/helpdesk_bios/

After the phone went to recovery mod and I did the flashing the zip file from the link above then the error is occurred and can not be solved with any solution until now.

Thank you.

@Zetech 
If you have tried restoring the system but the issue persists, I would suggest you bring back your device to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Ronaldbbb
Star I

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like the issue started after attempting to update your Zenfone Max Pro M2 with the latest firmware from ASUS. The red alert during boot and the Google services error could be related to a corrupted or incomplete update.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear Cache for Google Services:

• Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
    • Find Google Play Services, tap on it, then go to Storage & cache and clear the cache and data.
  2. Reinstall the Firmware:

• Download the spike correct firmware version from the ASUS official support page, ensuring it's the one compatible with your device model and region.
    • Reinstall the update by following the steps provided on the site, making sure the download and installation process completes without interruption.
  3. Factory Reset:

• As a last resort, you might want to back up your data and perform a Factory Reset. This can help if the system files were corrupted during the update.
    • Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).

If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to contact ASUS support or visit an authorized service center to have the issue fixed.

I hope this helps resolve your issue. Let me know if you need any more assistance!