This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup menu in text fields is low-contrast.

Teo_Filin
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Oreo.340, Pie.053
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
Rooted: No
APP Name: system popup in text fields

Last edited by Teo_Filin on 2019/5/31 15:58 Often I hardly can notice whether the context menu has appeared - in most apps, the menu has no highlight (color, shadow). This was OK in Android 4.4.2 - why making worse?! See shots of TC's "Find" dialog in 4.4.2 and in 8.1 // Moreover, Android could have some customization of system controls, like it goes in Windows (custom theme).
4 REPLIES 4

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Teo_Filin, The firmware update of Android Pie (WW-16.2017.1905.053) has been released. We would suggest you update to the latest version and check if the problem still appears. If the problem still appears, could you tell us when does this text files appear? Are you referring to the overall text files in the phone? If you have not received the update yet, you may check update in Settings > System > System updates. Alternatively, you may update manually by downloading from our website: https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1/HelpDesk_BIOS/ How to manually update: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/ Thank you 🙂

Artermis
Star I
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/5/27 13:58 Hi Teo_Filin, The firmware update of Android Pie (WW-16.2017.1905.053) has been released.
Hi, what country now get FOTA service for Android pie? Any info?

Teo_Filin
Star I
Last edited by Teo_Filin on 2019/5/28 06:13
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/5/27 09:58 Hi Teo_Filin, The firmware update of Android Pie (WW-16.2017.1905.053) has been released.
Hello! I'm in Russia, and have no FOTA offers for now. These text fields are in different apps, including read-only selectable areas like app-description in Google Play (white popup over white background). And even here & now - ZenTalk editor has the same design of popup. I suppose this same-color flat design is system-wide, not defined by affected apps. Can you confirm that design is changed in Pie?

Teo_Filin
Star I
Last edited by Teo_Filin on 2019/6/7 07:20
Teo_Filin posted on 2019/5/27 16:26 Hello! I'm in Russia, and have no FOTA offers for now. These text fields are in different apps, in ...
Update: Android Pie didn't change this humble design. Also FM-Radio isn't improved a bit in Pie upgrade (can't write this in the closed post about FM-Radio).