This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some applications crash when selection begins under popup menu.

Teo_Filin
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Oreo.340, Pie.053
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
Rooted: No
APP Name: text input controls + custom keyboard

Last edited by Teo_Filin on 2019/5/31 15:56 I use custom keyboard Jbak2. When a text is freshly copied to buffer, and focus comes to a text field of some applications, context menu pops up along with raised keyboard. Then I begin selecting a part of text by means of Jbak2: [Select]=on, [arrow] pressed. Host application immediately crashes. Other applications can handle this (seems using custom implementation). See how TC's editor crashes. A keyboard relies on InputConnection implemented by an application and provided by Android. So how humble a keyboard can be - shouldn't matter for an application on the other end. All participants should care arguments in calls, imho.
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Teo_Filin, Sorry, we're afraid we would suggest you kindly describe more about your inquiry. Could you tell us more about how Jbak2 causes other apps to crash? What are the apps that crash? Please provide us the google play links to these apps. Thank you 🙂

Teo_Filin
Star I
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/6/3 11:15 Hi Teo_Filin, Sorry, we're afraid we would suggest you kindly describe more about your inquiry.
Hi! Did you have a glance at the shot? The crash is in Android's module (same in 8.1 and 9.0), not in particular app. Examples of affected apps: * Total Commander [com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander], v. 242 (in Editor and File-rename); * ASR-recorder [com.nll.asr], v. 228 arm64-v8a (File-rename); * ... some more. Jbak2 keyboard [com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard], v. 251 - uses InputConnection interface, and doesn't cause this bug in other vendor's device. So this bug must originate from the firmware of Asus, please try to reproduce.