This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera vibration problem

beniwhat
Star I

When using the camera, every time the phone is held still, it starts vibrating and starting to make noise. The vibration get stronger to the point that a video starts shaking violently (see example video below), and pictures get the 'blurry' popup warning.

It seems that different light / distance conditions might affect the vibrating (closer / dimmer shots vibrate more).

Are other people affected by this? Can this be turned off somehow? It seems like it's 'built' into the hardware, as it appears also in OpenCamera... This renders the camera pretty much unusable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @beniwhat,
It seems like a hardware issue. I'd recommend you contact your closest Asus service center and get your device examined.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PeterC
Star I

I've been dealing with the exact same issue. It seems to be the same as the one described here for the ZenFone 9. 

Looking at how many other posts I've seen from other users about this same issue, it seems to be a widespread problem among many ZenFone 10. I hope this can be fixed in a software update soon.

Disappointing that this is the quality of a phone I paid $1000 for.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @beniwhat,
It seems like a hardware issue. I'd recommend you contact your closest Asus service center and get your device examined.

beniwhat
Star I

Contacted reseller and they replaced the phone. The new one does only one short vibration when the gimbal is activated. Problem solved.