This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draining battery issue of Zenfone Max Pro (version firmware .087)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro (M1) [ZB602KL]
Firmware Version: WW-16.2017.2009.087
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Since last firmware updates first week of September 2020
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've done some research and read few same problems regarding this phone and last firmware updates (.087).
I'm experiencing the same problem related to draining battery overnight in idle state. I strongly think it's not about the battery itself having the problem but it's more about the bugs coming with the last firmware updates. Many people experiencing batteray drain issue with the same firmware updates.
And all your team suggesting just either charging our phone in safe mode or just throw "reset your phone" card useless solution to our faces. I find it useless because people still getting the exact problem so i think it's the bug coming with this firmware updates that causes the phone's battery draining fast when it's not used.
Hereby i attached my latest battery usage and it seems pretty abnormal. I have set my battery safer on, on purpose. And my SOT is just less than an hour with less than half hour only using two apps but the battery draining already down for almost 10% just less than an hour. I don't instal any apps since months ago and nothing changed with my phone and my daily usage is literally the same. I just feel the drained battery issue starts happening since last updates early of this month.
Please review your system updates and please fix this bug issue because my core decision i choose this phone because its huge battery capacity but i don't feel the exellence of its battery performance now.
screenshot-20200926-175640.png
screenshot-20200926-175657.png
screenshot-20200926-175650.png

6 REPLIES 6

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi febrianasariebut
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. To avoid the conflict between the firmware and the apps, please update all the apps to the latest version.
2. Enter "Safe Mode" and leave a 100%-charged phone in sleep(idle) mode in a night, then provide me the screenshot of 
①Setting>Battery
②Setting>Battery>3 dots on the top"Show app usage"
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
If the battery works well in "Safe Mode", please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party Apps.
3. Is there any zone heating up while using/idling?
4. How long has the battery been used? 

vishnusdz013
Star III
Can you please try turning off the fingerprint sensor and now check whether there is battery draining overnight or not. I had the same issue but after this battery was doing ok.
And if that's the case for every user then asus has to rectify this problem in the next update ✌️

arpicklu
Star I
This is exactly what's happening. And Asus is not even willing to accept it and roll out a patch for the update.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi arpicklu
Thank you for your asking. If you encounter the situation, kindly refer to the aforementioned passage and provide me the essential information for further checking.