This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

And with the miserable 2 years of support asus is giving to this phone I bet that time will run out before they fix anything 

Lenix243
Star II

Yet another temporary solution (that does not require a restart):

Force stop the Phone app:

1. Open Phone app (if not already open)
  2. From the App Switch menu, long-press the Phone app icon until a popup shows up
  3. Tap "App info"
  4. Tap "Force stop"
  5. Reopen the Phone app

This fixes the issue on my phone. Still, it's by no means a permanent solution and Asus should fix it ASAP.

PS: you can also reach the Phone app info screen from Settings->Apps & Notifications->All apps->Phone

Sunnylai
Star I

I have sent back the phone for 3 times for repair and ASUS still cannot replicate the problem. And they declined my request to refund me every single time, now they want me to replicate the problem and send back the phone to them

ASUS, IF YOU WANT SOMEBODY TO DEBUG YOUR HALF BAKED ENGINEERING SAMPLE BS, YOU SHOULD HIRE A DEBUGGING TEAM, NOT SELLING THE PIECE OF GARBAGE AND LET YOUR CUSTOMERS DO THE DEBUGGING

Lukikow
Star II

Is it solved already? How to trigger it?

chersun
Star I

It looks like I have a similar issue. After playing a lot with it - found out, that if there are several bluetooth devices connected, which can accept the voice call - then the issue really manifests. In our case - disabling smart watch voice calling in bluetooth settings - and voila, no issues, can always hear the other side (problem is - that is a wanted feature, to be able to answer on the watch).

Phone app restarting looks to help for some time.

Could some1 check if disabling their bluetooth devices help or not. This could be a different issue, need confirmation from a few ppl at least.