This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Is Lockdown?

metal450
Star III

I have  Zenfone 9, on Android 13 (build WW_33.0804.2060.100). The Lockdown option is nowhere to be found: searching settings for "Lockdown" returns nothing, the power button menu doesn't show it (the 4 options are Emergency, Power Off, Restart, and Screenshot), and I can't find it under Security & Lock screen. This is an essential security feature - where can I find it on the Zenfone 9?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @metal450,
The Lockdown option is under Settings -> Display -> Power Button menu -> Item display manager -> Lockdown.
It is deactivated by default but it can be activated there.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

tochmi
Zen Master I

You have disabled the unlock method. To lock or unlock the screen you have to use the ZenTouch button (or double tap? I haven't tried it) 

Set a security unlock method and you'll see the option you want.

Screenshot_20230909-110354_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230909-110707_Edge.jpg

metal450
Star III

Your screenshot shows the same 4 options I mentioned: Emergency, Power Off, Restart, and Screenshot.  I don't see "Lockdown."

> You have disabled the unlock method.

No I haven't - I have it set to password unlock. Seems like you may be misunderstanding what "Lockdown" is? - it's the option described/shown here: https://www.makeuseof.com/lockdown-mode-android/

I have not misunderstood what he says. It's 18:28 and I'm going to take the screenshots again:

• With PIN lock enabled, 5 options appear:

Screenshot_20230909-182819_Microsoft_Launcher.jpg

• With all methods disabled, four options appear:

Screenshot_20230909-182845_Microsoft_Launcher.jpg

Odd. I also notice that your options, as well as your "shutdown menu", appear different from mine. Here's my options, showing I have screen lock enabled:

Screenshot_20230909-093505_Settings.jpg

And here you can see there are just 4 options:

Screenshot_20230909-093511_Apex_Launcher.jpg