This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLOCKING IN POCKET

pjtl
Star II

I know this has been posted about before but I'm so frustrated because I've tried everything and this phone is still unlocking in my pocket and causing chaos! Sending private pictures to my family group chat is not ideal. I've enabled the button press feature and half the time it works, half the time it still unlocks with only the fingerprint.. either way it still unlocks in the pocket. I could disable fingerprint altogether but it's one of the reasons I bought this phone. My firmware is up to date, can Asus please sort this out before this phone causes me any more embarrassment and frustration.

41 REPLIES 41

asuss
Star I

I created a account just to say that I also have this issue and tried all the different options in this thread with without any luck.. 

Running on latest firmware 

Aligosla
Rising Star I

The problem is that the proximity sensor in the pocket is not working. I have tried and the phone unlocks even covering the entire screen with a pillow. The proximity sensor for "pocket mode" just doesn't work. That is what must be corrected. I have tried it on other Pixel devices (4a, 6 and 7 pro) and the same thing happens  (but having a fingerprint on the screen does not unlock when in the pocket unlike Asus)

Is this ok and you have the same that proximity sensor has only two states? When i installed cpu_z to check i see that it can have 0 cm or 10 cm. Nothing between. Can someone confirm has the same or this is something with my phone?

Same here 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone ( in my pocket ) just ordered a random expensive food from GrabFood and delivered it somewhere.. And then give a huge tips to the driver I ordered before. SAD.