Aligosla
Rising Star I

Model Name: Zenfone 9

Firmware Version: WW-33.0804.2060.142

Rooted or not: No

Frequency of Occurrence: Always

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 

PXL_20230605_170745227~2.jpg

Yesterday without any unusual use, my Zenfone 9 appeared with a stain on the screen, the strange thing is that when you press it it disappears (As seen in the attached video), apparently some internal component is pressing and marking the screen. It did not fall to the ground, it did not hit itself, it has not had any bad treatment. This is very curious, and in Chile there is no mobile support. I can't use the warranty, does anyone have any idea what I can do?

PXL_20230605_170721524.jpg

PXL_20230605_170721524~2.jpg

  

5 REPLIES 5

ambrat
Star III

I had the exact same issue. It appeared after using the phone for only a few months. No physical damage whatsoever. Popped up during normal use.

I contacted the Tech Support. They asked me to send the phone for repair. In less than 10 days, I received the phone back and the issue was resolved.

PS - Before you send the phone for repair, make sure to take a backup of your data and format it.

Unfortunately I live in Chile and here Asus does not answer for smartphones, I had to import it with a reseller and they couldn't help me.

Limeade17
Star I

I have this exact same thing! I thought it was burn-in so I used some of the burn in apps to run overnight but that didn't help too much. It's so weird it happens in the same shape/spot on multiple phones. 

But did you see my video? When I press lightly on the area the stain disappears. Doesn't seem to be burned