This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 sudden battery drain

Ravain
Star II

Hello, I've recently returned to Zenfone with 10th iteration after a year break from Zenfone 8, but I see the same issues popping up.

I've left my phone on wireless charger only 5 hours ago, it was at 77% with battery settings set to stop at 80%. Now I'm waking up and there's only 13% battery left, that's serious disappointment. First day of usage I was amazed when whole day used only 55%, now I'm thinking about returning it. 

Charger is Baseus 15W, but it seems to have stopped at 80% and didn't resume charging when it dropped from 80. Recently I've had some android update probably and few apps installed, including wear os + sync with my Ticwatch 3 Pro. Battery doesn't show "screen on time" at all and there's new entry at the bottom "other" with 26% of battery usage. What's strange is that it shows 3 hours ago it had 50%, but I'm sure it was 77% when I was going to sleep.

Any solutions? Screenshot attached.

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Ravain,
Can you please share a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Hey @Mansi_ASUS 

Here's the link to log file I've created just now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-o1ofuSzthFK0lfzqP26t1rfRG_ln_xf/view?usp=drivesdk

Or do you want me to create a log file after another night like that, collecting data during that time?

Best regards