cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Key double tap is not working

atakan
Star I

Hi Everyone!

Today I got a Zenfone 9. I tried to test Smart key feature and there is a problem in the double tap feature. I tried the "swipe" and "long press" options as well. They are working well. However, when I open the "double tap" option, it's never work. I tried to choose different accesses like screenshot, flashlight but none of them is working. Do you think the phone has a problem or am I missing something? Thanks for the help in advance. #Zenfone9

4 REPLIES 4

tochmi
Zen Master I

It is a difficult utility to use. I think it doesn't have a dedicated sensor for this.

From my experience, I turn on the flashlight when the screen is unlocked and the phone has an upright position. If I do this, I fail less.

landsome
Rising Star II

They work for me. Double tap is pretty reliable too (I use it for flashlight) - but be aware that it needs an unlocked phone (same on the Pixel 5). One trick that substantially increased triggering the utility: don't double tap with the tip of your finger, but with the entire first (distal) phalange. For me, this was a gamechanger, rendering this option quite usable. 

margnotis
Star I

My Zenfone9 double back tap for flash light is not working properly.

Sometimes light taps work.... Sometimes even very hard taps don't work frustrating.

Just now I disabled this function and coming here to post.

Asus, fix it... I hope this is software fix not hardware defects.

Anyone else?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.