cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications coming in late

Zenfone9user
Star II

Hello all, 

First off want to say to any asus tech team I've been loving the phone. 

That being said as of the past  week or so my notifications have been coming in what seems to be batches.

When I unlock my phone notifications will come in all at once from several different apps. Some with time stamps minutes or hours ago.

Apps like group me, snap, Gmail, fb messenger. 

I attempted to test if it was androids battery optimization on fb messenger by going into the settings and switching it from optimized to unrestricted. But the behavior still occurs

Any recommendations to resolve? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe the issue is a recent update to express VPN and not other settings on my device. Therefore will close this issue 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tomy90c
Star III

Hi,I

also observe this problem since I have Android 13 currently build WW_33.0804.2060.100

Shorusai
Star II

Same problem here. Most annoying to me because it happens on my reminder/calendar app. If it's a feature it's definitely a weird one. If I set reminders for a certain time I'd definitely like them to appear at the exact time, not 5 mins later, not anytime later. Even when I'm currently using the phone, notification come in at least a few minutes late. 

All power saving options are turned off, in settings for phone as well as for the app itself. But honestly even if it wasn't, it wouldn't make sense for an app that is used on the daily to be optimized and thus delayed with notifications. You shouldn't need to exclude every app you use at least once a day or two from optimization to even work properly. 

So weird. 

Android 13 | Build: WW_33.0804.2060.100

Hey @Shorusai,

Can you please share your battery management settings? Also, have you turned off Background app management too?

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Zenfone9user,
Can you please share the log file as it will help the R&D figure out the exact cause?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link can view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)