This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix quality downgraded from widevine 1 to widevine 3

Karthik123
Star I

I am using Zenfone 9 and recently I loose my Netflix Widevine L1 support and it is downgraded to Widevine L3 and quality from HDR to SD. What to do?

Model Name: Zenfone 9

Firmware Version:

Rooted or not: not rooted

Frequency of Occurrence:

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app) : Netflix 

17 REPLIES 17

ykun91
Star I

Reinstall the Netfilx App will not fix this issue as you restart the app, this issue will reappear.

Also, app like Amazon Prime Video doesn't playback in HD

Indeed. Reinstalling Netflix will fix nothing. I think this should be repaired as an update of firmware (maybe).

pernas
Star II

Same here on 33.0804.2060.113 (not rooted of course) and issue with Netflix returns even after re-installation of phone and App. Asus support case started too. Also have issues with playing Prime video HD. Disappointed 😞

pernas
Star II

Ok, Asus technical support forwarded me to Netflix support and they looked at the issue but couldn't explain nor fix it. They said something about new Android versions could take a while for the app to synch with but since I started from scratch with Android 13 and still have this issue and I think it's something that must be handled by either Asus och Netflix and possible together;)

Hamz
Star II

Is there no solution provided by Asus on this? Im also facing this issue on the latest patch. Is it a netflix app issue? Looking at the DRM info on the device, I can see the device security level is 1 so im not sure whats making netflix drop to L3