cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with double tap side button

Wesssz
Star I

Hi,

I use the smart key (double tap side button) feature to toggle the flashlight. I use this feature quite a few times a day and never had any issues. A double tap would toggle the flashlight, regardless if the phone was locked or not.

Ever since upgrading to Android 14 a few weeks ago this feature has become undependable. I feel it's worth noting it could of course be coincidental in timing with the upgrade. If the phone is unlocked and the screen on it works every time, but if the phone is locked and/or the screen is off it's hit and miss, working sometimes and not working sometimes.

It seems to never work if the phone has been dark and locked for some time. It seems to sometimes work if the phone was recently locked/screen turned off.

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9 AI2202
  2. Firmware Version: Build number UKQ1.230924.001.34.0304.2004.87
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: About half the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have not been able to find similar issues online for other people.

Kind Regards,

Wesssz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

swilson131
Star II

Worked it out. There is now a setting "Use device controls". Turn the slider on and you can use the double taps without unlocking the phone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

landsome
Rising Star II

Interesting, I've never had this problem.

swilson131
Star II

I have the same. I also use long hold for the camera and this is also reluctant to work u less the screen is on or the phone is unlocked. Since Android 14.

swilson131
Star II

Worked it out. There is now a setting "Use device controls". Turn the slider on and you can use the double taps without unlocking the phone.

This was it, big thank you my friend! 😄