Did you mean: 

Google contact numbers not recognized on inbound calls

Mtlake
Star II

Model Name: ZenFone 9

Firmware Version: See attached screenshot

Rooted or not: Not

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ASUS contacts/ASUS phone; Google Contacts/Google phone

Mtlake_0-1680952197628.jpeg

I have installed the Google phone and made it default along with Google contacts. I read this in another posting here. Nevertheless, inbound calls from known contacts show no name, only the number.  The name only shows after I add the number to an existing contact with the same number. The difference is the country code is missing from the caller's phone, all my numbers include country codes.  

Mtlake_1-1680952242795.jpeg

Mtlake_2-1680952274474.pngMtlake_3-1680952310323.png

I have uninstalled Google contacts and installed them again using ASUS data transfer.  Inbound calls are still unidentified even though the number with name is in Google contacts. 

I have used  Google contacts on different android phones for years without a problem. How can I fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Mtlake,

Can you please share your FW version (Build Number)? You can find the FW version (Build Number) under Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number

Mtlake
Star II

Mtlake_0-1681388769551.jpeg

Tjis is tje exakt ploblem dar i havet.

verry internering . It sena tjat all related stuff herr is so intruiging.   Its a ai malware allreqdy.  Thibkcsbout namn servers and Google them on a Old persons device xD am i stupid or am i not ? Wololo 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.