This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use pattern to unlock phone after hours of sleep.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2050.34
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, I've noticed if the phone as been in sleep mode, ie not touched, unlocked, or screen checked for possibly 4 hours or more, the next time I want to unlock the phone it comes up that I have to use my security pattern. I can not unlock it with face recognition or the fingerprint scanner.
Is this a setting somewhere, which I can disable? Its kind of annoying that each morning, after sleep and not touching the phone I have to use the pattern to unlock the phone.

7 REPLIES 7

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Actually let me pay attention to this further you could be right with this reboot thing.
This is very disappointing as I bought the phone only 5 days ago and this issue has been going for months and not solved

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
so it happened again this morning, but i dont think its restarting.
the message at the bottom is "unlock pattern required for additional security"
i then put the pattern in and check my uptime and it hasn't reset to 0, its increase say extra 7 hours.

So it seems the phone has some bug or setting to require the pattern to unlock after so many hours of deep sleep.
Asus rep can you please have this fixed/changed.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
as another poster mentioned

"I had similar issue. The faceunlock is responsible for it.
Try to turn it off. Should help."

This fixed it. Asus can you please have this bug fixed.