This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use pattern to unlock phone after hours of sleep.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2050.34
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, I've noticed if the phone as been in sleep mode, ie not touched, unlocked, or screen checked for possibly 4 hours or more, the next time I want to unlock the phone it comes up that I have to use my security pattern. I can not unlock it with face recognition or the fingerprint scanner.
Is this a setting somewhere, which I can disable? Its kind of annoying that each morning, after sleep and not touching the phone I have to use the pattern to unlock the phone.

7 REPLIES 7

vex_sb
Star III
Same annoying thing here. same firmware.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Yeah OK cool maybe it a firmware bug because normally it should be 72 hours if you haven't used Fingerprint or face recognition then it should force you to use pattern.

Asus support can you please report this and have it fixed.

Ditko
Star I
It's not a setting it's the reboot bug a lot of people are having and most people just aren't aware of it. There is currently no fix for it.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Ohhh but is the phone really restarting because the uptime since the a reboor doesn't change