This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant software issues

marcmarcmarc
Star I

My Zenfone 9 has been having constant software issues and I can't find anything about how to fix it. I tried factory resetting my phone, but even that hasn't helped. I frequently have moments where:

- video recording lags and stutters while recording

- the keyboard doesn't open when I'm in a text entry field, even if I keep tapping the text box. The problem persists until I reboot the phone, and the only workaround before rebooting is holding until the "paste" option opens, which still sometimes doesn't work

- the phone itself will start freezing up every couple of days and won't resolve without a reboot

- sometimes anything triggering an Android intent (rotation the screen, switching open views, opening a dialog, etc) just doesn't work, no matter what app I'm in. I have to turn the screen off and back on every time I tap something

What do I do? 

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @marcmarcmarc,

When did you first notice these issues? Was it after the latest update?

Yes, yes, get rid of it immediately and send it to @ToKrCZ, who will help you get rid of it safely on his own expense (he is a very generous guy).

Seriously now: if a factory reset does not solve your problems, and it to Asus for warranty and/or servicing.