cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenFone 9 weird brightness

Yass
Star I

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know what i'm encountering with my ZenFone 9.

As you Can see below i have light problems on my phone. Did i activated something ?

My english is very Bad, i'm so sort i don't know how to explain that.

Thank you

Picture 1 light is clear

Screenshot_20230112-224431_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

Picture 2 light is darkScreenshot_20230112-224416_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

diasdm
Star I

I also had this issue.

After fixing the screen refresh rate to 120Hz, I did not notice it anymore.

Nikito
Star I

Same issue with my brand new zenfone 9. Dimming and adaptive brightness are turned off,. Tried soft and hard reset, changed the refresh rate.  The white  and black colors are actually different shades of gray. Any suggestions on how could it be fixed? 

@Nikito Only to make it fixed 60, 90 or 120hz in setting. There is no other fix currently as far as I know. @diasdm it consumes battery though. Such a great phone and this little bug that surely can be easily fixed destroys the experience.

Thanks for the suggestion,  tried it,  but it doesn't help.  The screen is still pretty dark. Even in low surrounding light,  I have to set the brightness to at least 70-80 % to see what's on the display. So disappointed with this phone.. . 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.