This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS "Unlock Device App"

T3chDelicious
Star II

Since my question was deleted in an open thread by the moderators I open my own. Many customers are facing the problem that they can't unlock their devices with the official app by ASUS (probably server down) and the moderators seems do doge every post or question about it but I will it try it again to ask.

If a moderator reads this - please be transparent about this topic. Many of your customers can't unlock their phones because of this issue and no further information is given to us. This problem exist now over a month and still there is no official information about this. Many people would be very thankful if a moderator would give us more insight about this and on when this issue will be fixed or if it ever will be fixed. 

ASUS as a big company should doing better with this kind of situation. And as a owner of a ASUS smartphone - it is our right to unlock the bootloader of said phones so resolving this issue should have some priority and most importantly - it should be resolved.

Much thanks in advance

50 REPLIES 50

Hi @Mansi_ASUS ,

There are growing concerns among the community based on the ASUS customer service representatives in multiple countries that say the unlock tool is definitely discontinued. I will highlight some posts/discussion that I found specifically related to unlocking the bootloader:

• ASUS Zentalk forums [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
  • XDA-developers [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
  • Reddit [1, 2, 3, 4, 5],
  • Ycombinator [1]
  • News outlets
    • "Asus no longer lets you unlock the bootloader of your Zenfone" - GSMArena
    • "Asus says No to bootloader unlocking on Zenfone 10 and future phones" - Gizmochina
    • "ASUS is apparently killing the ability to root present and future Zenfones" - AndroidAuthority
    • "Asus reportedly disables rooting on its latest Zenfone devices" - AndroidCentral

Your message about an update being released in Q3 (which is July, August, September - so very soon!) completely contradicts the information by customer service agents around the world who really emphasise that the Device Unlock App is no longer supported. Furthermore this forum post is the only place where an alternative statement is provided. Can you elaborate on the source of your information, and can you poke ASUS HQ to provide an official statement?

any update on this information, has it changed?

SnowFuhrer
Star III

Really looking forward to it being released, unlock tool quit working somewhere about the time I bought it and when it was delivered. I picked this phone over other phones for it. Okay sorry I'll shut up but yes I'm excited for Q3 : ) 

BravePrudhvi
Star I

We are in Q3, where is it?

TherionRO
Star III

Any new updates for this? We are waiting for months and we still don't know if the unlock tool is coming back or not. 😐