R_jaru
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW-32.2050.2050.34
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android Auto
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
AndroidAuto on my Zenfone9 is not working (I'm surprised, because on my Zenfone8 it was working perfectly). When I'm trying to connect phone to the car, phone asks about connection mode - I'm selecting "File transfer", then after 1 - 2 seconds USB mode turns itself into "charging only" and connection to media system is not possible. The car is Skoda Kamiq 2022 model - AndroidAuto on Zenfone8 is working perfect in it.
The same problem was present on Android 13 beta
If such information can help, AndroidAuto in Zenfone8 works good both on Android 12 and Android 13 beta.
I also tried to connect with car which supports wireless connection with AndroidAuto and it works, so I think that issue is in USB connection.
Should I try to make some logs?
I found similiar thread but it is closed now.
5 REPLIES 5

R_jaru
Star III
Update: After installing first stable version of A13, the issue is still not resolved. I'm seriously thinking about returning to Zenfone 8.

landsome
Rising Star II

R_jaru

Update: After installing first stable version of A13, the issue is still not resolved. I'm seriously thinking about returning to Zenfone 8.

View post
Strange. It's the opposite with me. The ZF8 had all sorts of Auto problems, if it worked at all (I tested some dozen USB cables and only one worked frequently enough, but even that was unreliable); the ZF9 works flawlessly with A12 (Dacia Spring electric).

R_jaru
Star III
Asus Support gave me information that they know the issue and it will be fixed by future updates. They claim that issue is some incompatibility between Phone processor and car subsystem (Skoda or whole VW group) but I don't know anybody who can confirm issue with Skoda+ZF9.
Anyway.. they wrote about future fixes in September and it is December now.

R_jaru
Star III

Hi. Asus actually worked on the problem and mostly succeeded. The "AndroidAuto car-compatibility mode" option has been added in settings of connected devices. In principle, it works, but quite often the phone disconnects from the car during a phone call using the phone application in AndroidAuto mode. For now, only solution is to disconnect  the cable and connect again. If this issue will be fixed, it will be a complete success.