This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 putting Zenfone 9 into endless boot cycle

tbessie
Star III

After I upgraded to Android 14, the first time I rebooted, the phone went into an endless reboot cycle.

I forced it to turn off, then started it again and it worked.

Just now I restarted it, and it went into the boot cycle again.

I've restarted it 4 times, and each time it's gone into the boot cycle.

This seems to happen as soon as the SIM is registered and it connects to a network.

Is this happening with anyone else? Anyone at Asus know about this?

- Tim

58 REPLIES 58

Fryman1991
Star I

I have the same exact problem. Upgraded to Android 14 about a week ago. Restarted for the first time today. And now my device goes into a boot loop whenever my AT&T SIM card is installed.

t-enz
Star I

I also have this same problem. Zenfone 9, installed Android 14 a couple of days ago. Endless boot loop when my AT&T SIM card is inserted - removing it or keeping airplane mode turned on solves it. The SIM card works fine in my old Samsung Galaxy S8, but I'd like to be able to use my Zenfone as a phone again...

Fryman1991
Star I

Went through the whole process of backing up and factory resetting my phone. Device appears to be functioning correctly. Again on Android 14 and with the SIM card installed. Pain in the ass, but nice to have a functioning phone again.

tbessie
Star III

I'm currently having a chat with Asus support (online chat support).

They said "reset your phone".  I told them that that's not a sufficient response to a problem that Asus created, and that people in this discussion HAVE reset their phones and the problem has persisted for some.

Then they asked if I wanted to send the phone in for repair.  I told them it's a problem with the Android 14 update, and NOT with the phone.  It's a problem that Asus software and firmware developers caused with their update.

The support person is useless.

tbessie
Star III

They opened a case; hopefully this will lead to something. 😕