This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 putting Zenfone 9 into endless boot cycle

tbessie
Star III

After I upgraded to Android 14, the first time I rebooted, the phone went into an endless reboot cycle.

I forced it to turn off, then started it again and it worked.

Just now I restarted it, and it went into the boot cycle again.

I've restarted it 4 times, and each time it's gone into the boot cycle.

This seems to happen as soon as the SIM is registered and it connects to a network.

Is this happening with anyone else? Anyone at Asus know about this?

- Tim

58 REPLIES 58

tak4000
Star I

This happens to me today!!! I use dual sim att and t mobile well I get boot loop with att and not T-Mobile I've tried switching sim slots and nothing boot loop but as soon as att sim loads boom boot loop I also updated to Android 14 3 days ago 😭

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @tak4000,

Can you please share the log?

lobau
Star I

I have the exact same problem. Zenfone 9, installed Android 14 a couple of days ago.

My phone crashes and reboot every time it connects to cellular or WIFI. If I'm fast enough, I can go into quick settings and turn off WiFi, and the phone stops rebooting.

I'm not sure how I will ever be able to install a new software update to fix this in these conditions.

dfnjzqb2
Star I

I have a zenfone 9 and updated to Android 14 recently. I rebooted my phone and then I cannot keep it alive with SIM cards attached. If I remove all SIM cards, phone boots normally, but then it's not a phone anymore. Please advise how to revert back to android 13 or how to patch this.

Build Number: WW_34.0304.2004.87

SN: NAAIB7004505PUP

peaceczar
Star II

I also started experiencing this today. I updated to Android 14 on the 8th and didn't have any problems until today. I'm using a fairly new AT&T sim (my old one suddenly stopped working 3 weeks ago)

SN: N9AIB700147627B